• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many games does it take...

mav1234

I thought Moore was pulled too early and had the legs cut from under him faith wise by Fox and the FO. If Fox really didn't want Clausen like Gantt said, then he caved like a b1tch when he kept playing him. Then he realized he f'ged up in 3 ways. 1. He potentially F'ged up Clausen. 2. F'ged up the season. 3. Potential f'ged up the best QB he's had since 2007.

I would have only played Clausen because of Moore's concussion. Also, Moore should have sat the game after his concussion. 2010 was one of the worst handled seasons ever.

I don't think there's any real easy or quick answer to this question, TBH.

There isn't - I was just curious what other posters thought on this.

Given the fact I have come around to expecting us to draft a QB, I was curious what people would think and how long they'd give that player, too.

Do you guys think that if a QB is labeled "pro ready" then they should perform better sooner?

I think I remember the Seattle game as showing me he couldn't/wouldn't be a starting QB..at least for a long time..he will probably be Tommy Maddox'd for 10 years and might pop up again on some team and be decent.

I thought he had a great first half against Seattle, and he just fell apart completely in the second half once Seattle was like, "oh yeah, lol, we're playing Jimmy Clausen," which really made me shake my head.

I also put a lot of importance on how the other players feel about him. When Cutler had a bad first year for the Bears it seemed to me that his teammates were in his corner from day 1; even when the fans wanted blood.

Most QBs don't get half the chances Clausen got to be a starting QB in this league..whatever the situation was he had chances to make a plays downfield but chose to throw it away or take a sack..he looks too gunshy and has to try way too hard to throw the ball I just don't see him being very effective for us.

If we draft another QB no matter who they are and they put out the same effort he did I'd wouldn't want to start them again unless forced too..

I need to be able to see some hope for the future.

Most QBs don't get half the chances Clausen got to be a starting QB in this league..whatever the situation was he had chances to make a plays downfield but chose to throw it away or take a sack..he looks too gunshy and has to try way too hard to throw the ball I just don't see him being very effective for us.

This is true. Clausen played with zero balls.

There are teams that basically bet their future on a player given preseason games and college time and almost no or at least very little play time. Kolb, for instance, would probably have a new team right now if not for the CBA... Others go for backups who have shown glimpses of things. It'd be nice if we had a season to a evaluate a guy, but it's tough. Sometimes all you get is a handful of games to make a judgement about a guy.

Clausen's a good example. The Panthers declared him their franchise QB of the future when they drafted him... but they certainly don't say anything like that anymore. While it's obvious Hurney still thinks he can turn out okay, by and large it seems that fans have abandoned him and most of the team isn't putting much faith in him. Now, outside of TRD, most of us thought he deserved a chance... When was the tipping point for you? For me, I think by the first Atlanta game I had become completely disillusioned with the idea of him being a franchise guy.

The multiple fumbled center/QB exchanges is what turned me off from Clausen. The guy threw 3 TD's all season, and you can argue 2 of them were pure luck.

The multiple fumbled center/QB exchanges is what turned me off from Clausen. The guy threw 3 TD's all season, and you can argue 2 of them were pure luck.

I didn't mind the fumbled exchanges. It was bad, yes, but those are not that unusual for rookies (pretty sure Bradford had several this year, including one in his game against us, lol).

On the other hand, your point about the TDs is valid. While I wouldn't go so far as to say they were luck, they were certainly not hard throws to make.

If we draft another QB no matter who they are and they put out the same effort he did I'd wouldn't want to start them again unless forced too..

I need to be able to see some hope for the future.

Yeah I never understood the people who said Clausen never got a fair change. Like hell he didn't

Yeah I never understood the people who said Clausen never got a fair change. Like hell he didn't

It doesn't matter if his chance was fair or not, IMO. He got a chance, and he didn't really take advantage of it. Still, he'll likely be around next year to try to earn his place on the team. Will be interesting to see how he does.

I didn't mind the fumbled exchanges. It was bad, yes, but those are not that unusual for rookies (pretty sure Bradford had several this year, including one in his game against us, lol).

On the other hand, your point about the TDs is valid. While I wouldn't go so far as to say they were luck, they were certainly not hard throws to make.

A bomb to Stewart, how often will that happen? Also didn't Jeff King run the wrong route or turn the wrong way?

Archived