• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Franklin - please remove the sand from your vajayjay

Johnny Rockets

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/ryan-franklin-criticizes-cardinals-fans-apologizes_n_851886.html

Franklin worked a perfect seventh against the Washington Nationals during an 8-6 loss in the opener, but gave up a booming home run to Laynce Nix in the eighth, prompting the boos.

"Sure, I hear it," Franklin told reporters from the Belleville (Ill.) News-Democrat and FOXSportsMidwest.com after Game 1. "I guess they've got short memories, too, because I think I've been pretty good here. It doesn't bother me, but you know, it just shows some people's true colors, you know?

"You're either a fan or you're not. You don't boo your own team. I don't care who you are or what you say. Just because you spent your money to come here and watch us play and somebody happens to make one bad pitch and gives up a homer, you don't start booing them."

Franklin concluded: "They're supposed to be the best fans in baseball. Yeah, right."

he later tried back peddling....

In his statement, Franklin said emotions had gotten the best of him. He also said St. Louis was his favorite city to play in.

It would be one thing if this was in Philly because yeah, we boo way too much. H*ll, yesterday they booed Philly Bot which was a robot built by local college students to throw out the first pitch. For the record, the pitch sucked and deserved the booing...anyway this is coming from St. Louis fans that are so nice they applaud opposing players!!! If you get booed in St. Louis, you probably deserve it.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/ryan-franklin-criticizes-cardinals-fans-apologizes_n_851886.html

Franklin worked a perfect seventh against the Washington Nationals during an 8-6 loss in the opener, but gave up a booming home run to Laynce Nix in the eighth, prompting the boos.

"Sure, I hear it," Franklin told reporters from the Belleville (Ill.) News-Democrat and FOXSportsMidwest.com after Game 1. "I guess they've got short memories, too, because I think I've been pretty good here. It doesn't bother me, but you know, it just shows some people's true colors, you know?

"You're either a fan or you're not. You don't boo your own team. I don't care who you are or what you say. Just because you spent your money to come here and watch us play and somebody happens to make one bad pitch and gives up a homer, you don't start booing them."

Franklin concluded: "They're supposed to be the best fans in baseball. Yeah, right."

he later tried back peddling....

In his statement, Franklin said emotions had gotten the best of him. He also said St. Louis was his favorite city to play in.

this is the part someone needs to explain to him.

Archived