• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Playoffs ECF: Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat

King Taharqa

If Kobe Bryant is the game's best closer why didnt he show that against the Mavs? Dirk was more clutch than him that series IMO. 90% of Kobe's game winning shots are regular season displays. What is Kobe's defining playoff moment that all NBA fans point to? He doesnt have one. Kobe's "reputation" is a lot bigger and more mythical than any athlete Ive ever seen. He's the only guy I know who can choke and look like poo and his fans will still swear he's clutch. This is the guy who got beat by 40 in a Finals elimination game, yet his fans ignore it. This is part of the reason the Lakers are so lazy, they're able to rest on their laurels like nobody else and it caught up with them big time this season. I give Dirk and LeBron more respect, since they're still playing and actually came up big this year.

5 NBA Championships would be a good start. 2 NBA Finals MVP awards.

It's laughable, with all Kobe's career accomplishments he's not clutch, the Lakers are lazy and we forget Kobe came back and spanked the Celtics the next year after the Lake Show was elimaninted by Boston.

21 combined years in the league and Lebron has ZERO NBA final wins, not even one win in the Finals.

Dirk, just 2 wins in his entire career in the Finals.

Again I say by default one of these choke artists will finally be able to wear an NBA Championship ring after this season.

They've found the perfect opponent.

Here is what a stellar career in the NBA looks like, study it closely:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

There's more to come.............. ;)

It's laughable, with all Kobe's career accomplishments he's not clutch, the Lakers are lazy and we forget Kobe came back and spanked the Celtics the next year after the Lake Show was elimaninted by Boston.

21 combined years in the league and Lebron has ZERO NBA final wins, not even one win in the Finals.

Dirk, just 2 wins in his entire career in the Finals.

Again I say by default one of these choke artists will finally be able to wear an NBA Championship ring after this season.

They've found the perfect opponent.

Here is what a stellar career in the NBA looks like, study it closely:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

There's more to come.............. ;)

Quit using logic in this argument!

Resting on laurels. What did 5 rings do for you guys this year? NOTHING. When I say "defining moment" I mean what is Kobe's signature play or moment we think of him in the playoffs or Finals? Dr. J has his around the basket lay in against your Lakers. Jordan has his hand switching lay in against your Lakers and his 3 point barrage on the Blazers in '92. LeBron has his 29 straight points scored against the Pistons in 07. Bird's steal on Isiah and pass to DJ against the Bad Boy Pistons. Reggie Miller upstaging Spike in the Garden, etc. What is Kobe's moment? He does not have one. He's rode "team success" to a HOF career no doubt, but individually his hype has always been greater than the actual player. Im really looking forward to seeing how "great" a Phil Jackson-less Kobe Bryant looks again. Im sure he's been enjoying watching LeBron and gang dominate this playoff. You guys can get his old coach if you want, but it wont make KB24 look or play as good as LeBron. ;)

Resting on laurels. What did 5 rings do for you guys this year? NOTHING. When I say "defining moment" I mean what is Kobe's signature play or moment we think of him in the playoffs or Finals? Dr. J has his around the basket lay in against your Lakers. Jordan has his hand switching lay in against your Lakers and his 3 point barrage on the Blazers in '92. LeBron has his 29 straight points scored against the Pistons in 07. Bird's steal on Isiah and pass to DJ against the Bad Boy Pistons. Reggie Miller upstaging Spike in the Garden, etc. What is Kobe's moment? He does not have one. He's rode "team success" to a HOF career no doubt, but individually his hype has always been greater than the actual player. Im really looking forward to seeing how "great" a Phil Jackson-less Kobe Bryant looks again. Im sure he's been enjoying watching LeBron and gang dominate this playoff. You guys can get his old coach if you want, but it wont make KB24 look or play as good as LeBron. ;)

He has a signature moment. Throwing the lob pass to Shaq against the Trailblazers. He was Shaq's Robin and that's how I'll remember him.

First off don't go crazy, LeBron is not the best closer in the NBA.

And I think many hate the Heat because of the talent they have. They should be the best team in the league. I don't want them to win because I think it will send a bad message. It'll make superstars want to join up with other superstars to create more "super teams." Small market teams will get left out.

I have nothing against LBJ, Wade, or Bosh. Just preferred if they were on separate teams or if 2 of 3 were on the same team. They should win the title, but I'll be cheering for the Mavs.

IDK.... Right now I believe he has risen to being the best closer in the league.

We always talk about the playoffs being where the Real play start and you make a name for yourself. Against very very good teams LBJ has closed down the stretch..... Free Throws, Three pointers, Step back jumpers, Drives to the rims, Assist, and DEFENSE. He has closed games not only offensively, but defensively. And he had done it down the stretch coming from behind.

In my opinion what he has done the last 2 series Offense/Defense down the stretch no one in the NBA right now could.

So this is why he is the best closer IMO right now when it counts....

Yes Dirk and a few others offensively, could be at his level, but not closing on BOTH sides of the ball. Since you get get bothe with LBJ, there is no other player I'm taking in the last 5 minutes of a meaningful game right now.

KT your hatred of the Lakers and Kobe make your fricken Lebron arguments lose all their credibility instantly. Let's remember...your boy has done sweet fug all yet and even if the Heat beat the Mavs in the finals this year, he's got a long way to go to catch up to Kobe and the Lakers!

Archived