• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cam has been throwing to smith some (and other practice tweets)

rayzor

and a vid of cam "leading the workout" as ESPN said it (even though it's just talking about him. he isn't leading the workout)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/21583/video-cam-newton-leading-workout

(:lol: @ teeray)

as i see them...

carolinagrowl Mostly spoke to Newton today during 15 minutes of time allotted to talk to players.
carolinagrowl Cam Newton revealed that Steve Smith was out at practice earlier this week. He threw some passes to him.
carolinagrowl Newton said Smith "plays at a different level."
josephperson Cam Newton said Steve Smith has attended workouts this week, was impressed w Smith's speed.
josephperson Newton hopes he can sign quickly after the lockout ends. "I want to be here."
carolinagrowl About 50 players here at practice.
carolinagrowl Thomas Davis is out here, as is Matt Moore. Have not seen DeAngelo or Smitty yet. Probably won't.
carolinagrowl Cam Newton having a little fun fielding punts as guys are beginning to stretch, mill around.
carolinagrowl Steve Reed

Thomas Davis and Dan Connor both looking sharp and fast running drills. Davis has a brace on his knee. Jeff Otah not here.

josephperson Panthers P Jason Baker said it was impressive Newton was back working out a day after going to the White House.
carolinagrowl Five QBs are here today: Newton, Moore, Clausen, Pike and Keith Null.
carolinagrowl Players divided up by position and running drills. No "team work" at this point, but that will be after we're booted from here.
josephperson Baker said Panthers took a team-building trip to US Whitewater Center this week, had fun laughing at each other falling into water
carolinagrowl Panthers went whitewater rafting as a team after one practice earlier this week, Jason Baker said.

carolinagrowl Steve Smith was not here today, but was earlier in the week. I wouldn't read too much into that though in terms of his long-term future.
josephperson Newton said no decision on who would wear 2, Jimmy Clausen's nbr last yr and the nbr Newton wore at Auburn.
josephperson Looked to be at least 40 players at Thurs workout. DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith not spotted during time media was allowed in.
mikecranston1 Cam on workouts: "We had a lot of opportunities to mix and mingle with each other as far as going out to eat, just having small talk."
mikecranston1 Cam Newton on lockout: "To some degree it's extremely difficult. But at the same time, we're not the only team in this situation."
mikecranston1 Close to 50 players at today's #Panthers workout. Thomas Davis included in that group. DeAngelo Williams, Steve Smith not there.
mikecranston1 Cam Newton on learning offense: "I think I've got a grip on who we are as an offense, what Coach Chudzinski is trying to do as an offense."
mikecranston1 Cam on 89: "To some degree, he's on a different level. I told him this. ... He's that explosive as a player."
mikecranston1 Cam says talent on #Panthers is "something to be scared of" and "everybody has an opportunity to make a big play in this offense."
couple more...

mikecranston1 #Panthers LT Jordan Gross says Cam has been quiet, looking to fit in: "He's just shown he's in shape and willing to work hard."
mikecranston1 #Panthers LB Jon Beason said of Cam Newton: "The kid is specimen" and "shown some great leadership."
GeoffSchwartz74 Great two weeks of team workouts. Hopefully we will be back on the field soon.
MackB73 Another dominating workout with the team. Hate that it has to end. Hoping this lockout ends soon so we can get back to work.

Even better news. Thanks rayzor, always on point with the Twitter updates! Would love for Cam and Smith to build a good relationship, seems as though the two are off on the right foot.

Anything about Gettis and LaFell with regards to Cam? They must be getting in some reps with their new franchise QB as well.

all i've seen is that lafell is there. hadn't said anything about gettis. wouldn't read anything into it, tho.

doesn't look like the media is going to get to see the whole practice today...

carolinagrowl Players divided up by position and running drills. No "team work" at this point, but that will be after we're booted from here.

davis finally wearing a brace.

which he should have had last year.

Should have definitely happened last year but if he would have played last year we may have never seen James Anderson breakout like he did. Things happen for a reason and having TD out all last year kind of was a blessing in disguise. Our LB's are the strong point of our defense

Beason*

Davis*

Anderson*

Conner*

Senn

Ware

Wilson(rookie)

Harris

* Strong core starters

few more...

carolinagrowl Steve Smith was not here today, but was earlier in the week. I wouldn't read too much into that though in terms of his long-term future.
josephperson Newton said no decision on who would wear 2, Jimmy Clausen's nbr last yr and the nbr Newton wore at Auburn.
josephperson Looked to be at least 40 players at Thurs workout. DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith not spotted during time media was allowed in.
mikecranston1 Cam on workouts: "We had a lot of opportunities to mix and mingle with each other as far as going out to eat, just having small talk."
mikecranston1 Cam Newton on lockout: "To some degree it's extremely difficult. But at the same time, we're not the only team in this situation."
mikecranston1 Close to 50 players at today's #Panthers workout. Thomas Davis included in that group. DeAngelo Williams, Steve Smith not there.

that last tweet from cranston mentioned what person had said that williams and smith weren't there, but person's tweet almost makes you think that those two might have been there, but weren't going to be coming out until the media left.

i wouldn't be surprised either way.

mikecranston1 Cam Newton on learning offense: "I think I've got a grip on who we are as an offense, what Coach Chudzinski is trying to do as an offense."
learning it at IMG was incredibly beneficial, but getting to see it to a degree including the players who will be running it probably helps his grasping of it even more.

can't wait until he gets to work with the coaches.

learning it at IMG was incredibly beneficial, but getting to see it to a degree including the players who will be running it probably helps his grasping of it even more.

can't wait until he gets to work with the coaches.

I can't wait til he gets to use it on the field. Whenever that may be, hopefully soon.

Archived