• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Superdeluxe Edition of 'Nevermind' to be released...

Darth Biscuit

Nah, the metal stuff is way more technical than you would assume (assuming you don't know what the fug you are talking about) and the Green Day is typical punk... it is built on bar chords... much like Nirvana...

I can play damn near every Nirvana song though, lol... but it totally destroyed my learning process to take the easy route that way early on...

i played bass for a little while, and did a lot of nirvana. i know its easy. i also know metal is tech, but it still just sounds so jumbled and fast. i never got into any of it really. except metallica. i had the justice and black albums. also a little pantera, but as I matured that stuff just started giving me a headache.

i played bass for a little while, and did a lot of nirvana. i know its easy. i also know metal is tech, but it still just sounds so jumbled and fast. i never got into any of it really. except metallica. i had the justice and black albums. also a little pantera, but as I matured that stuff just started giving me a headache.

ah, so you mean you lost your balls

i prefer to think of it as learning good music. as i've gotten older i've picked up new genres and left others behind. i keep going back to stuff from my skater days(grunge and punk), but lately i've also been listening to a lot of bluegrass and country. good clean string band music.

Never understood the love of Nirvana...

Pearl Jam was far superior in every way.

Pearl Jam was a good band, but I always hated Veder's voice... you know what they say about opinions.

Did they somehow digitally remaster it to the point where they can play something other than power chords?

Nirvana totally destroyed my ability to ever properly learn how to play guitar...

Yay, you don't like them... ok, don't buy the album. :rolleyes:

Same reason I would never buy a BTBAM album...

...and that is why bluegrass is one of my favorite types of music...

Really, I love all music so long as it isn't bubblegum/label generated tripe...

Metal and bluegrass are the most technical things out there from a musicianship view... Jazz is up there too... and then you have bands like BTBAM who fuse all of them together but get written off because of the vocals...

Nirvana's best album was the one that was closest to metal... Bleach...

Pearl Jam was a good band, but I always hated Veder's voice... you know what they say about opinions.

Yay, you don't like them... ok, don't buy the album. :rolleyes:

Same reason I would never buy a BTBAM album...

I like them a lot actually... I just see the difference in what I liked as a teenager and what I like more today...

IF you could go through the same musical progression, you'd be listening to Emmure today, because they are basically what the Deftones would have evolved into if they had leaned more towards their heavier parts...

As far as this "new" set... Meh... I own the original... don't repackage it with a couple things you can snag for free and market it as something new to me...

bleach was good. i'm not sure why it wasn't the breakout album that nevermind was.

what are some Bluegrass bands you like? I dig Old Crow, Yonder Mountain, Split Lip Rayfield, and Chatham County Line just to name a few.

bleach was good. i'm not sure why it wasn't the breakout album that nevermind was.

what are some Bluegrass bands you like? I dig Old Crow, Yonder Mountain, Split Lip Rayfield, and Chatham County Line just to name a few.

CCL is good... I've always been a fan of the more traditional stuff, even though a lot of that carries faith based lyrics...

Today's country is just generic BS for the most part...

I like them a lot actually... I just see the difference in what I liked as a teenager and what I like more today...

IF you could go through the same musical progression, you'd be listening to Emmure today, because they are basically what the Deftones would have evolved into if they had leaned more towards their heavier parts...

As far as this "new" set... Meh... I own the original... don't repackage it with a couple things you can snag for free and market it as something new to me...

I tend to play music to listen to not to analyze... I still like today what I liked when I was 18 and a lot more too...

I've never liked metal, at least not the heavier stuff. The Deftones are a good example, what they did on Around the Fur is about as heavy as I listen to... like I said, everyone has an opinion about everything. I've always loved Nirvana, maybe because when they came out in '91 with Nevermind, I was just getting into the college scene and expanding my musical listening and they were really popular.

Archived