• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Labor Talk Threads with links to tweets and PFT Articles

The Saltman

I think everyone appreciates your posts..
not fiz :( lol

on this particular topic, it's nothing personal, it's the media and being unaccountable..
oh i know.

truthfully, the media has always had accountability issues. twitter didn't make it any worse. crap is going to get written regardless of how long it takes to get to press.

the same arguments that are being made against twitter now are the ones that were made when news started getting put on the internet just like it was when cnn started the whole 24 hours news thing.

anyway...if the news is legit, then good. if it's not, we'll find out about it pretty quickly.

in those not so rare moments that it is crap, i'm not sure about anyone else, but i get a kick out of these media guys being wrong. i like seeing the overreactions made by them from time to time. i love it when they take a rumor and spin it a million times only to find out that it's all a pile of steaming feces.

i've done a pretty good job of finding legit sources over the years that i follow because of fantasy football (that i don't play anymore). some guys are pretty good at throwing sh*t on the wall to see what sticks, but some of them actually have good sources themselves and are usually pretty reliable as long as they aren't asked to give opinions (like schefter and breer). no one has proved to be right all the time. the more they talk/tweet, the quicker it's going to be to show how full of crap they can be.

the only guy that i really pay attention to is andrew brandt and thats mainly because of his years of experience being involved in the league, esp. as a GM for the packers. beyond that, they are all just guys looking for "unnamed sources with inside information". 50% chance of it being garbage. doesn't make it any less fun...which is the whole reason for football anyway. our entertainment.

until we can get to a point where we actually have football to talk about, this game of "stalk the nfl/nflpa negotiators" is pretty fun to watch. it's a lot less annoying than that casey whatever her name is trial that just got over, anyway.

Archived