• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

just called sirius nfl radio

panther4life

NE is just the most popular site right now b/c they cleared a ton of cap space with the Cassel trade and also got that pick from the Chiefs. But if they want to give us their first rounder and the Chiefs second rounder I would take it...

I took that as saying he was a leader, which he is not. He wasn't comfortable in that role. He wasn't very outspoken, that is why it was such a shock to the media that he was openly asking to play for another team. You can be a professional and not a leader. He could be the best here just like he could be the best anywhere else. If your the best you will be the best, no matter where you play. Chill out dude, i will let my emotions get in it because i have invested a lot into this. Peppers fulfilled a dream, i watched him at North Carolina, and i LOVED watching him play on Sundays in my home town. Im sorry, i think that is awesome. And i bugs the HELL out of me that he wants out. I have loyalty to my team, rather than a particular athlete.

Well, he was voted team captain by his teammates. That has to count for something, no?

asked them where peppers ends up next year, they both agreed new england for 2 first day picks...specifically their 1st and a second...and if not that maybe green bay's number 9, but said we wouldnt want it with the contract it would require....btw if u wanna call them its 877-nf-kick..takes about 15 minutes to get thru

Hey I heard you! Looks more and more like new England. I remember both Sully and Shein saying it was best for both teams.

The way he responded after being voted a captain suggest this

I'm sorry, but you need to give me an example of how he proved he wasn't a team leader last season.

I know everybody is mad at Peppers, but the guy did work his butt off last off season, which was very well documented, and he even became more outspoken. He also gave a reasonable explanation of why he wasn't more vocal in the past...he said that he preferred to let Mike Rucker lead the way because he looked up to him.

I just don't see how anybody can claim that he wasn't a team leader before he said he wanted to leave the Panthers. In fact, since he most likely knew a year ago that he wanted to leave after his contract expired, he could easily have been a distraction during the season, but instead he was a team player.

On seniority and past success alone.

Beason, Hoover, Harris, and Deangelo are about the only players I consider leaders on the roster. peppers is definitely not a leader

well, I'm pretty sure DeAngelo isn't the offensive leader. He may mentor Stewart, but the leader of the Panthers offense is Delhomme.....you could also make an argument for Smith and Moose ahead of Williams.

I think Pep is a leader of the defense. He may not be the hype guy you see pregame doing the yelling....but that doesn't mean he isn't a leader. Plus, it is well documented by players the role he took this year.

How can you possibly know that?

I do not know that. I said "I consider" and its based on a combination of results on the field, interviews, what I have witnessed on the sidelines, in the locker rooms, and in the press conferences for 14 home games.

It is my opinion.

I am entitled to it.

I do not work out or dress out with them every day so I agree my opinion is limited somewhat. I am as qualified as any fan to have an opinion.

Who here has a better perspective. Anybody on the roster?

No?

Anybody that has been on the roster?

No?

well, I'm pretty sure DeAngelo isn't the offensive leader. He may mentor Stewart, but the leader of the Panthers offense is Delhomme.....you could also make an argument for Smith and Moose ahead of Williams.

I think Pep is a leader of the defense. He may not be the hype guy you see pregame doing the yelling....but that doesn't mean he isn't a leader. Plus, it is well documented by players the role he took this year.

yes

but that role is not easily transferred to another team. He is a mainstay here. He is new on the block somewhere else and a passive personality may get eaten alive in some locker rooms. Maybe not. I don't think he gets the respect somewhere else that is practically a given here based on stuff that happened 3-6 years ago.

I should not have left out Moose. I think Smith is a leader on the field but is a head case from time to time and that cancels some of his "leadership. Deangelo had a breakout year but the guy is a leader because he embodies positive attitude and owns opposing defenses with a smile on his face week in and week out.

Archived