• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ajinca and Singletary to the D-League

Black

FINALLY

The Charlotte Bobcats are sending rookies Alexis Ajinca and Sean Singletary to the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA's Developmental League to get a week or so of game experience.

Ajinca and Singletary are expected to start playing with the Skyforce Friday in Reno, Nev. The Bobcats plan to have assistant coach LaSalle Thompson travel with the Skyforce to monitor the rookies' progress.

This is a shift for Bobcats coach Larry Brown, who said previously he felt Ajinca would benefit more from practicing with his NBA team than playing in the D-League. However, neither rookie has played much during the six-game winning streak, with Brown tightening his rotation to about eight players.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...o-dleague.html

i have been waiting for them to send Ajinca to the D-League all season, i hope they leave him there longer than a week though, i don't know what Larry is smoking, but i have to disagree with him on thinking Ajinca benefits more from riding the bench and playing garbage minutes than he would from playing meaningful minutes in the D-League

good move by the Cats

May should come out of the gates pretty fast. I have a feeling this "try-out" might be one of the last legit chances May gets. Hopefully he stays healthy and can contribute 10-12 minutes off the bench.

send May to the D-League.

Overall, a good move by Larry. Sean needs to get some playing time and get his confidence back because the kid can ball and WILL be NBA ready. I like Ajinca's spirit. Did you guys see him throw jab his elbow into Brad Miller and throw the ball at him the other night? Is it just me or is he starting to gain some weight? He looks a little less twiggish. Best case scenario he takes Juwuan Howard's spot next year.

Archived