• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

High Country Beer Fest

Floppin

I don't know if anyone who lives in the area has ever gone but it's always a ton of fun. It's this Saturday.

Road Trips for Beer has the event in it's top 10 national stops for beer over the summer.

Some of the best beer in the nation is being brewed in North Carolina, and this Labor Day Weekend beer festival offers a great opportunity to try some. The picturesque college town, home to Appalachian State University, is tucked away in the Blue Ridge Mountains at an elevation of more than 3,300 feet, so the weather should be great. Fifty-seven craft breweries represented last year, and organizers expect even more this year. There also will be live music and educational seminars.

There's live bands and regional chefs do food and beer pairing (at no extra charge, first come first serve though) seminars inside the Broyhill banquet halls while the festival is outside on the grounds.

I've been every year and even though I don't live in the area anymore I travel from the coast because it's an event I just can't miss.

http://hcbeerfest.com/index.php

Anyone else going?

Did I mention that this helps to support the Ivory Tower brewery?

The Ivory Tower Brewery is situated on the campus of Appalachian State University in the Broyhill Inn and Conference Center in historic Boone, North Carolina. It is the first craft brewery on a state owned college campus since the time of prohibition.

We are a non-profit, educational, and "green" brewery that is completely faculty and student run and managed. We offer courses focused on the history, science, and business of beer and brewing during which students conduct research while brewing different styles of beer.

Archived