• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes @ Stars

Ncstatefan

Dallas Stars (31-28-8) vs Carolina Hurricanes(36-27-6)

8:30 PM EST FSC HD

Coming off a tough shootout loss to the Blackhawks, the Canes still walked away with a point and are sitting in the 7th spot in the East. With other eastern conference playoff contenders playing tonight, the Canes need a win desperatly here.

Ward will be in net I would spose.

Prediction:

Canes win 3-1

I'm hoping Pitt and Montreal lose tonight, if we win and they lose it would put us two points up on Pitt for fifth place and one point up on Montreal for fifth. As of now we are tied for 6th place at 78 points. We would have a shot at 4th and only be two points behind if Philly loses tonight, but I won't be greedy.

for Montreal to loose tonight that means the Islanders have to beat them. I am also hoping Buffalo beats FL. I wouldnt mind seeing Leighton in goal tonight. His record off back to backs is 4-1-0.

Hey man, anything can happen. I didn't say I expected it to happen, just said I wanted it to happen.

I had to work again last night so I missed the game however they replayed it at 3am this morning. I actually got to see the game and here are my thoughts. Fist off welcome back Rod. It actually looks like he is back to his true form. The second goal Dallas got was controversial as hell. That clearly swung the momentum there way and we did not get it back until the third period. However that final period we really started to click and we just could not get the puck to go into the net. Plenty of good shots we just got 2 bad bounces of the iron. I still like our chances Saturday, and with the way the rest ofthe leauge turned out who would have thought we could get one point from 2 games and still be tied for 7th. We need a win saturday. With us not playing again until WED we need to start pulling away from the 7th and 8th seed. Go Canes!

Dallas game was garbage. When the refs miss a call like that, and you lose by 1, it stings. Especially when you add in we hit the posts twice. Dallas got all the breaks, we couldn't catch one, and, as usual... Marty Turco looked great.

Archived