• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tom Brady

The Saltman

sorry but you're wrong...

The Patriots whole formula of building through the draft and other teams castoffs basically means they assemble a team of average joes and make them good...

Manning's most success has been because of the star power of those around him...

Brady has never had a WR the caliber of Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne in their prime... Not even Moss counts, really...

Say what you will and hate on my opinion but the #s speak for themselves. Brady has always had a deep stable of very good wrs. He also has an incredible system compared to Mannings. When Brady goes down the Pats still go 11-5....lets just see what happens with the colts this year ok? This alone should validate my argument. Hell they put a guy who didn't even play college ball in there and he did that well.

Sure Wayne is good but lets see him without Peyton, I'm sure manning had more then just a tad to do with his success. Harrison is the only elite wr manning has had. Clark is very good too. But to say Moss wasn't that good when Brady threw to him....are you on drugs. Want to go back and see how many awful brady passes moss out jumped the defender for or made an amazing one handed grab to bring down? And lets not forget Bradys superior D every year able to bail him out and give him opportunities that Peytons undersized and worse D that could only pass rush, could not.

This is what is funny to me, brady nuthuggers think he is the best of all time yet he isn't the best in his own system. Sure Brady + One of the best coaching staffs ever + one of the best systems of the last decade + a better all around team > peyton, but individually it isn't really close and everything suppports that (excluding sbs as I have already stated my opinion on those, as they are a team effort).

I am complimenting Brady, jeez, but nothing says he is a better qb than Peyton but you can believe what you like.

btw Denver and Oakland are poo teams who don't deserve a Monday night game...

Agreed.

Also, if peytons stats are boosted because of the star power around him how do you explain his better completion % than brady almost every year. His wrs constantly make amazing catches because Peyton isn't capable of hitting them? He also does this despite more passing attempts than Brady. If anything this points to the precision of Peyton's throws that basically hit the wr in the chest or hands every single time and make them have to catch it. The play is theirs to make from there....just Like Brady having a wr corps of moss and welker and several other highly capable targets.

sorry but you're wrong...

The Patriots whole formula of building through the draft and other teams castoffs basically means they assemble a team of average joes and make them good...

Manning's most success has been because of the star power of those around him...

Brady has never had a WR the caliber of Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne in their prime... Not even Moss counts, really...

The cast of wide outs and TEs in NE have always been top of the line. And Moss put up some of his best numbers in NE so...yea

The Colts have turned into a cluster f*ck with out Manning. Everytime Brady has been injured the Pats keep chugging along as if nothings changed

The cast of wide outs and TEs in NE have always been top of the line. And Moss put up some of his best numbers in NE so...yea

The Colts have turned into a cluster f*ck with out Manning. Everytime Brady has been injured the Pats keep chugging along as if nothings changed

exactly...this goes with my elite coaches/system theory. 11-5 without Brady lets see what happens to the colts without Peyton.

Brady is an elite level talent qb in one of the best systems ever. It is basically the perfect storm which has elevated to his status today.

lol Tom Brady MADE Wes Welker...

False, Wes had nearly a 70 reception and 700 yard season in his last year with a terrible dolphins team. Is is now put in a system that allows him to excel.

On top of fielding nearly 100 returns so he was obviously much more tired and worn down in the dolphins system ans was probably capable of more if he wasn't so beat up.

Not the point, it shows Wes was a very capable wr and was starting emerge prodcution wise before the patriots.

I AM NOT taking anything away from tome brady. he is insane and yes that was one of the best seasons ever. However you just used stats to justify why brady is so good, a 50 td season...ok, so now do all my stats showing peyton has had a better qb career passing wise get let into the debate? If so its pretty undeniable who the better qb is. Peyton has put up better numbers for longer, more consistently, and usually more impressive than bradys. He is the better qb.

Archived