• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

changes for 2012

Hawk

so, another season almost over for most of us...here's a couple of changes I'd like to see for 2012 and beyond:

1. a facemask is a facemask...the runner can pretty much punch you in the face and as long as he doesn't grasp the facemask, it's all good...where as the defender even touches the helmet and it gets called. I'd like to see it one way or the other.

2. a penalty is a penalty. I've always hated how if you are too close to the endzone, a penalty is half the distance. I think they should march off all penalties up to the one yard line, regardless of how close you are. Get a 10 yard penalty at the 11 yard line, you go to the 1...get a 10 yard penalty at the 9 yard line, you go to the 1. 10 yard penalty from the 12 get's you to the 2...not half the distance.

3. let's take the soccer out of football. I'd like to see a penalty for these fricken wide receivers that don't make the catch and all come up pleading for an interference call. If it's interference fine, call it, but if not, I'd like to see the receiver get an unsportsmanlike penalty or something.

thoughts....additions?

Archived