• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

~ NBA Games/Discussion Thread ~

HeatCheck

Yeah and his first dunk was better than Evans as well. As a whole George did better, I think. But Evans last 2 dunks were nice, especially the one with 2 balls.

And the glow in the dark dunk was very creative.

You think the 2 balls coming before him cost him? I just thought of it that way but it had been so ho hum up until then if he could have gone glow in the dark as the first nice dunk by anyone of the night it may have had even more appeal.

Problem is that its hard to come up with new dunks every year, and there just isnt much interest from the big stars/ best dunkers. Honestly, they shouldnt have a dunk contest every year. Make it every other year, or every 3 years and I think it becomes a lot more interesting. Its not like the dunk contest has been held every year since it started anyway, they discontinued before because it just didnt hold the same interest, then brought it back after a while. We need another break.

Problem is that its hard to come up with new dunks every year, and there just isnt much interest from the big stars/ best dunkers. Honestly, they shouldnt have a dunk contest every year. Make it every other year, or every 3 years and I think it becomes a lot more interesting. Its not like the dunk contest has been held every year since it started anyway, they discontinued before because it just didnt hold the same interest, then brought it back after a while. We need another break.

Someone mentioned that this morning on ESPN where it should be every 2 years.

It is getting dull. Props need to go, like cars and motorcycles and capes. Teammates passing is ok with me but it's getting to much like a such and not a contest.

Damn, just saw Rondo's line. 18 points, 20 assists, 17 rebounds. He is my favorite PG in the league. He and Nash are what I look for in my PGs.

Rondo isn't one of my favorites, but he was in beast mode all game. It was impressive.

Any reason you don't like Rondo?

I think he fits the PG mold very well and he is what a PG should look like. Him and Nash weave in and out trying to get others involved, the number 1 thing a PG should do.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Rondo, but I think having so many good players around him helps him out. My biggest concern with Rondo is he struggles with his long range shot. He doesn't need it that much because they have Pierce and Allen, but I want a PG that can knock down a 3 when the defense is collapsing inside. My favorite is Paul if you were wondering.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Rondo, but I think having so many good players around him helps him out. My biggest concern with Rondo is he struggles with his long range shot. He doesn't need it that much because they have Pierce and Allen, but I want a PG that can knock down a 3 when the defense is collapsing inside. My favorite is Paul if you were wondering.

I think Paul and Nash are the two best PGs in the league. I would never argue Rondo as the best, just like his style.

But if I was a a GM, my # 1 quality that I look for in a PG is making other around him better. Rondo does that and I don't think it has anything do to do with the "talent" around him. Watching him is so fun to watch because he will basically dribble until he sets someone up. He doesn't have the best shot but it has improved. Plus he is a great rebounder and defender.

So the Nets are about to find themselves in an interesting situation. With Brook Lopez's recent injury, they are probably out of the running for Dwight. That means Deron Williams basically has one foot out the door as a pending free agent, and the Nets' big trade for him is starting to look foolish.

But this years 1st round pick they owe Utah from that trade is actually top 7 protected, and the Nets currently have the 4th fewest wins in the NBA (tied with 4 other teams). If you are the Nets, how do you play this? They've got some decent pieces in Lopez, Marshon Brooks, and Kris Humphries: add a top 5 draft pick this year and thats not a bad team to build around. But you have to think that once everyone is healthy, they will put together some wins and probably have to forfeit that draft pick.

If it were me? I'd be shopping Deron Williams for anything I could get before the deadline. I just dont see how they convince him to stay, and if you come away from this draft with Barnes, Gilchrist, or maybe Thomas Robinson thats not a devastating loss.

Archived