• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam: My home will always be in Charlotte

SOJA

I cannot express how angry it makes me to see people cry and make excuses for these stars. I love football and I love watching my favorite players.

However, there is absolutely no reason to make excuses for them and make them seem like something they are not. There is no reason to pity them. They do not want your pity they merely want your money and for you to watch them play.

They are not superhuman. They are talented people who get paid well to do what they do. I cannot do what they do. We are all willing to pay them so I think their pay is justified. However, I see no reason to take up for them any more than you take up for the convenience store clerk at your local store.

That is one of the problems with society: we are idolizing these athletes and pop stars way too much. Is there anything wrong with liking them? No. Is there anything wrong with buying their products, talking about them, watching them on game day and proudly boasting to the world that you think highly of these people? No.

Is there something wrong with making them something more than human in order to justify your idolization? Maybe.

When you are making hundreds of thousands even at the least I wouldn't compare that to slavery.

Also, they can walk out whenever they want. They might have to pay back some of their salary though.

Stop making these guys seem humble and better than the average person. They are just like everyone else except they make a lot of money for some of the talents that they have. There is no slavery to the league. They are not sacrificing anything more than what your local stocker is at Food Lion.

Your local stocker at Food Lion wouldnt have a bunch of butt hurt "men" crying and carrying on like little punks if he decided to go stock for Food Lion in another town.

You wouldnt feel ownership and be all butt hurt if the average joe moves out of town for work once his contract is up.

Your local stocker at Food Lion wouldnt have a bunch of butt hurt "men" crying and carrying on like little punks if he decided to go stock for Food Lion in another town.

You wouldnt feel ownership and be all butt hurt if the average joe moves out of town for work once his contract is up.

You're actually helping my point that most people are idiots.

Wade performs when it matters the most, which is when you can count on LeFail to crumble and not live up to his enormous hype.

Wade is overrated by LeBron haters. What has he won since Shaq and Alonzo were in his frontcourt? NOTHING. Wade is the one who BEGGED LeBron and Bosh to join him in Miami to make him and that team relevant again. He should be kissing their ass, because if it was just him right now, Miami would be a fringe playoff team at best with him missing games every 2 weeks. You act like Wade didnt lose in the Finals last year too.

But they sign contracts....those are agreements. Case in point, Carson Palmer, the Bengals owner flatly stated that he wanted him to live up to his agreement. I don't know where you are getting the idea that even NBA players can simply take their business elsewhere if they are under contract. Arrangements must be made and accepted by all parties involved....

I don't see the "poor Peyton" angle either. All of the possible outcomes were provided for in his contract that he agreed to, and don't even start with the slavery bullpoo. The case has already been made as to how utterly disrespectful that is from all possible angles.

Jesus christ someone gets it.

Archived