• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Building my first gaming rig

stankowalski

edit:

OH and just for poos and giggles I went to newegg and priced the exact same rig. 1747.86 with shipping.

within a c-note of what I paid, hardly a rip off.

ur doing it wrong: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229268

1800 - monitors (400) -ssd (120) -16333 ram (100) -psu (100) = 1100$

-assembly time (15$ per hour) + OS (140) = 1400$

so you paid 1400$ for a machine that's sitting on newegg for 900$

You are a funny dude.

You're putting so much effort into trying to convince me I spent too much money that I almost wonder if you're my wife.

Bottom line is this.

If I buy the exact same rig from Newegg the difference in the cost is less than 100 dollars. Are there other computers out there that cost less? Sure. But I didn't want those. I wanted the rig that I bought.

Also I'm quite happy with the price I paid even if it was slightly higher than Newegg could have gotten it to me for the other intangibles Ive already listed.

Furthermore I have corporate accounts with CDW, Newegg, PC Mall, and Tiger Direct that will sell to me at not only a reduced rate but they all give me even bigger discounts because we are a non-profit. Each of them could have cut 30% or more off the cost but saving money was not my primary motivation.

SO...

Unless you are my wife, you can stop worrying about whats going to show up on my credit card statement. I appreciate your concern but I already have someone nitpicking the way I spend money.

you seem way more defensive about your purchase than i am interested in it. i said one phrase "you got ripped off dude" and that sent you into a tizzy of searches to try to disprove me

now that i've broken it down for you you're all like GTFO OUT OF MY BUSINESS

so whatever. you paid 1400$ for an i5 setup. good for you bro.

you seem way more defensive about your purchase than i am interested in it. i said one phrase "you got ripped off dude" and that sent you into a tizzy of searches to try to disprove me

Why do you care?

You're always good for a chuckle and you are not disappointing me this time.

But for accuracy sake...

Since I posted my purchase and you informed me that I had paid too much Ive posted once. Conceding that you were likely right but I was happy none the less. Then on the edit I proved you right but maintained that I was still content with my purchase.

You, on the other hand have made four subsequent posts directly related to the cost of my rig. Your "breakdown" has continued to present options that are inferior in one way or another and never quite made the specs of the rig I purchased.

And now that Ive made a polite and even light hearted post suggesting that no one needs to worry about the cost of my rig you break out the hyperbole machine. So if there is a "tizzy" Id say it was yours.

But lest we devolve even more into the depths of the gay-ass world of a message board pissing contest I yield the floor to you to make a parting shot and I concede the battle to you.

Archived