• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cougars >>> Hornets

King Taharqa

KT must have hated the hornets or something. Prolly cuz of Rex Chapman or Kelly Tripucka.

Former season ticket holder actually. But the team left so F em. Its Bobcats over here, you guys can dwell in the 90s if you choose. Hell in a couple years Bobs will have been here longer than them. You folks beggin for the Hornets back are like Cleveland fans begging LeBron to come back, desperate. In 2012, the Bobcats brand is stronger than the Hornets In fact I guarantee the next home game you'll see that Bobcat logo at midcourt. :)

Regarding the Carolina Cougars, they were a regional franchise, and rotated their games between several different homecourts. They played some of their games in the old Winston Salem memorial coliseum. Sad to say I am actually old enough to remember them playing in Winston.

They had one of the most colorful head coaches/announcers of all time in Bones Mckinney.

Btw, the Cougars actually did abandon us. They moved to St Louis a year or two before the ABA was swallowed up by the NBA.

With all the recent fuss about bringing back the Hornets logo and name the past couple of years. I think its sweet the Bobcats are featuring their ABA predecessors the Carolina Cougars this season. I just left from TWC Arena and bout some of the Cougars stuff from the team store. This is the team logo and colors that we should bring back if we do. I like the colors they're using for the throwbacks (red, baby blue, and white) and snapbacks (blue and hunter green).

nba-carlotte-bobcats-wear-aba-carolina-cougars-jersey.jpg

46-39940-Y.jpg

46-42526-Y.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5oaKfegeUQaUsiXm0nGPA53oTypUFkcXVWqMjnUQREDaRYpAF0Apc9seg

I wonder if you saw me in the team store. That is where I work. I get free Cougars stuff!

Former season ticket holder actually. But the team left so F em. Its Bobcats over here, you guys can dwell in the 90s if you choose. Hell in a couple years Bobs will have been here longer than them. You folks beggin for the Hornets back are like Cleveland fans begging LeBron to come back, desperate. In 2012, the Bobcats brand is stronger than the Hornets In fact I guarantee the next home game you'll see that Bobcat logo at midcourt. :)

Can't say F the Hornets. There was nothing like going to a Hornets game. It was really great. All I can say is F George Shinn for moving them. But I guess that is the kind of crap you get when you have an owner that graduated last in his class at AL Brown High School and barely graduated.

Archived