• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something Sort Of Unusual About This Panthers Draft

XClown1986

I remember specifically the draft year we got Beason, right before the draft we heard the Panthers loved him and wanted to draft him. People here on the boards blew it off or were like "yeah maybe in the 2nd round". Then we traded down and got him.

I remember that Fox and Hurney went to dinner with Deangelo the year we drafted him and everyone was calling for a "power back", and saying we wanted Lendale White. Every indication was we wanted Deangelo but weren't sure if he would be there when we picked but he was, and we drafted him.

We were enamored with Stewart in the draft, but also we needed a tackle badly. People were confused and saying there is no way we draft him because we had D-Will. But the leak was right and we drafted him.

It just seems a leak of that nature comes out every year we have a 1st rounder and I haven't seen that yet. I guess there is one more week though.

I don't remember this, but if it's true, then I guess we're drafting Kuechly?

"One quick note on Kuechly to #
, multiple people have told us that the #Panthers LOVE him."

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 3, 2012

I would not like this pick at all. But, this is the only prospect I can remember reading about that the panthers 'love'.

It seems like every year (that we have a first round pick at least), there is a prospect a couple of weeks before the draft that gets mentioned as a guy that we really like and are really wanting to draft.

It happened with Deangelo (lucky he was there), Jon Beason, Jonathan Stewart, Cam Newton, and I'm sure it goes back farther than that.

My point is, this year I don't think I've heard anything about a single prospect that we really like. I mean there were rumors that we loved Kuechly but it was kind of a flash in a can.

Am I missing who this 1st round prospect is this year, or are they really being more secretive than usual? Just thought I'd see if anyone else noticed that.

I think you are on to something.The days of John Fox draft days are over.I think Rivera wants a play maker be it offense or defense.and would trade up or down to get them.I am going against the grain and say he will not go with a DT in the first and Luke may be his guy on defense and the best wr available on offense.The draft is deep at DT but none or dominant

Archived