• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question

Jeff L

Jeff, He's more than likely been smoking weed for a long time now considering the price. Usually when you begin smoking you start off cheap and work your way up to the good stuff. That being said i doubt he will "screw up this close the graduating." I'm sure he's a good student and a great kid who will soon be leaving home for college in a year or so. My advice is to enjoy the short time you have because believe me it goes by quick. My daughter is working, in school and has her own place now and i miss her a great deal but i'm also very proud of the young lady she has become. I don't know the school your son is planning on attending but i'm pretty sure many, many of his fellow students smoke the good stuff.

Dont know what to tell you man, except I was pretty much where you are just a couple years back. We had our battles with my daughter and there were lots of hurt feelings along the way. In the end though they tend to end up making it through with only a few bumps and bruises along the way.

Your house your rules. End of story from that perspective.

But trust that you raised him well and in the end he'll do ok.

Thats pretty much what I told him biscuit... I told him that if he wasn't going to be honest then he could figure out a way to pay for his college. His attitude changed pretty quick but he was still upset.

I've had the same issue with my son. After he (unsuccessfully) tried to prove to me that there was nothing wrong with smoking weed (every day), and then my showing him how his grades have taken a nose dive, we have reached an understanding. He graduates next June. I've told him when he graduates he has three choices:

One - which school he will be attending, my full support, two - which branch of the military he has signed up for, my full support, three, where he's living and what job he has. He's not sitting around my house playing ps3 and smoking weed.

Archived