• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradley Beal Please!

teeray

The Bobcats have a glutton of Guards that are going to get playing time in Kemba and Henderson, too much money in them to draft over them right now. Especially with Henderson turning it on late last season. The Bobcats need an offensive threat in the post to pair with Bismsack for the future. Take the high reward guy early in the draft and take a SF with the 31 pick and at least have a young team that can grow to respectability with good coaching. It'll take a year or two, but they should be making the playoffs with the right moves in a few seasons,

We have a few guards, but who can actually play? Carroll, Higgins, Williams? Not the answer. I think we'll try to part way with DJ this offseason or before the trade deadline next year. Kemba is still an experiment who we hope will live up to his college days. As I said it plently of times, Henderson is not the answer for us at SG. It seems like I'm the only one who think Henderson is pretty bad. And I'll stay by my opinion. Henderson is at best a player who comes off the bench. The only reason why Henderson turned it up late last season was bc he got more minutes. Being a lottery pick, I was hoping Henderson was better than that.

I'll take a Beal or MKG to play a SG infront of Henderson. The high reward guy could also be that bust you dont want.

I don't see us drafting a SG because we have Henderson. Even though he or Lamb would be be better than Henderson. I think we may take someone like Will Barton or Darius Miller with the 31st pick. I think it will come down to MKG or Barnes

Henderson can play SF.

I bleed carolina blue as some of you on here may know, but I gotta say man Henderson has been a pleasant surprise. He's getting better each year.

Sadly, if the bobcats want to make any moves, other than Augustin (which I know many of us would not miss), Gerald really is the only guy of any value on the roster. Typical bobcats move would be to keep Augustin, and trade Henderson for a second round draft pick that they will waste on a foreign player.

Uconn hasnt produce many stars recently, so much more of hyped good college prospects. Especially the big men who have come from Uconn. Okafor and recently Thabeet been major busts. Drummond look like he could also be another big man from Uconn who'll bust in the pro. He doesnt have the mentality to play hard every night. As big as he is compared to other players, he should be dominating in college and rebounding every ball. You can coach skills for improvement, but not mental aspect imo.

Once in a while a big man comes by and make it happen in the NBA and will dominate for your team. The last big man to come out was Howard, and that's a while back. Yes shooters do grow on trees unlike a big man, but look at most teams that are in the playoffs right now. Why are they winning? The answer is they have guards and forwards who can easily put the ball in the basket. "SHOOTERS" We have no offense right now. The reason to why we're losing games. We need that Durant, Westbrook, or Wade that will help put in the basket for us. Right now we have none.

We have Biyombo and Mullens at the moment where we can experiment with for next season. Yes, Mullens is not the best and both of them are not the "big men" you're looking for, but it seems like Cho wanna use those two for now. I'll take a shooter and wait for Noel next year, even if his potential is not a big as Drummond.

First, Okafor has not been a bust. It was one of the first mistakes the bobcats made by basically giving him away to NO. Okafor has been a starter since entering league. IMHO, trading Okafor was basically the first domino to fall in this massive shitstorm the bobcats management has created.

If you follow college hoops, Drummond should send off all sorts of red flags if you're a fan. You want to talk about not living up to potential? Look at Drummond. Dude doesn't care and has questionable character. It's a huge reach to take him second overall. I'd rather have his team mate Jeremy Lamb.

Drummond has the size to play in the league, but he's going to need:

1. Coaching - something the bobcats don't have

2. Patience - something the bobcats don't have

3. A point guard - something the bobcats don't have

If they draft him, they sure as hell better get a guy like Kendall Marshall who just wants to feed him the rock all game.

Drummond in no way resembles,plays, or is projected like Thabeet.

This kid only played 1 year college basketball Thabeet played 3 or 4 years and stayed the same.

Thabeet is slow and has no offensive game. Drummond is fast can jump out the gym and has some offensive skills.

Drummond is way more athletic and resembles Deandra Jordan more then Thabeet.

Center from UCONN who never quite lived up to his potential and will be over-drafted. Need I say more?

We have Biyombo and Mullens at the moment where we can experiment with for next season. Yes, Mullens is not the best and both of them are not the "big men" you're looking for, but it seems like Cho wanna use those two for now. I'll take a shooter and wait for Noel next year, even if his potential is not a big as Drummond.

Biyombo will never develop any sort of legitimate NBA offensive game. It's not his game. Which is okay if the coaches realize that and don't try to make him into something he isn't.

The best, most realistic option for Biyombo is that the he will develop into a defensive enforcer off the bench that can go inside and do the dirty work for 20 minutes a game. He's built like a damn rhino so if he can develop a mean streak he could be fun to watch, but if you're expecting this guy to get you 15 and 10 a game...you are high on drugs

Mullens, lol. I know the guy is raw and would have been a senior at Ohio State this year, but come on man! He's another one of those guys that could only start on the bobcats. He'd be a rotational player every where else.

When I was watching the draft lottery the other night, GM Cho said that Mullens was one of the guys they planned to build around. LOL! And yall wonder why they only won 7 games last year!!!!!

Center from UCONN who never quite lived up to his potential and will be over-drafted. Need I say more?

Thabeet was a colossal bust. Okafor has been a steady, solid player. Drummond just rubs me the wrong way. I don't care for his attitude.

I agree on Oak. Highly underrated player in the Association.

Yeah man I always like Okafor when he was here as a player.

I used to work at a bar in college and like 4-5 years ago we had a booth set up at the Bartender's Ball at the Blake hotel downtown. If you don't know what the Bartender's Ball is, it's basically a semi-formal all you can drink binger for 5 hours. $70 bucks but well worth it. Top shelf liquor, hot ass sluts walking around, etc...

Anyway, Oak came over to our booth and wanted some pussy bitchboy drink like a skinny girl margarita or daquari or something gay like that and was offended that we couldn't acommodate him and was kinda a dick about it. Unfortunately, I've heard similar stuff about him, too.

No real point to that second story but I agree he has been a solid player in the league

Biyombo will never develop any sort of legitimate NBA offensive game. It's not his game. Which is okay if the coaches realize that and don't try to make him into something he isn't.

The best, most realistic option for Biyombo is that the he will develop into a defensive enforcer off the bench that can go inside and do the dirty work for 20 minutes a game. He's built like a damn rhino so if he can develop a mean streak he could be fun to watch, but if you're expecting this guy to get you 15 and 10 a game...you are high on drugs

Mullens, lol. I know the guy is raw and would have been a senior at Ohio State this year, but come on man! He's another one of those guys that could only start on the bobcats. He'd be a rotational player every where else.

When I was watching the draft lottery the other night, GM Cho said that Mullens was one of the guys they planned to build around. LOL! And yall wonder why they only won 7 games last year!!!!!

Everything you said is right and I agree with you. But I'll rather take MKG this year, groom him with Kemba and Biyombo for the future. Hes a safer pick then Drummond at no.2. And wait next year for a guy like Nerlens Noel. Noel may not be as great as Drummond, but a safer big man pick than Drummond. You don't know what you'll get with Drummond. Either a Bynum or a Kwame. I'm sure MJ is hesitating on taking a guy like Drummond at no.2 right now.

First, Okafor has not been a bust. It was one of the first mistakes the bobcats made by basically giving him away to NO. Okafor has been a starter since entering league. IMHO, trading Okafor was basically the first domino to fall in this massive shitstorm the bobcats management has created.

If you follow college hoops, Drummond should send off all sorts of red flags if you're a fan. You want to talk about not living up to potential? Look at Drummond. Dude doesn't care and has questionable character. It's a huge reach to take him second overall. I'd rather have his team mate Jeremy Lamb.

Drummond has the size to play in the league, but he's going to need:

1. Coaching - something the bobcats don't have

2. Patience - something the bobcats don't have

3. A point guard - something the bobcats don't have

If they draft him, they sure as hell better get a guy like Kendall Marshall who just wants to feed him the rock all game.

Yes Okafor is not exactly a so-called bust, but with Howard being in this draft he had made Okafor looks close to being one. Okafor was a solid player for us who'll get that double-double but never really live up to the hype in college. At no.2 he shouldve been our franchise player. He was more a solid player who'll just do the dirty work but wouldnt effect the game like Howard.

And I didn't say I wanted Drummond at no.2, if thats what you thought I said. Hes a high risk, high reward guy who IMO, is not worth the no.2. If MJ and Cho wants him, trade down and see if hes there we we pick. His toughness goes in question for me.

Drummond man just seems like he doesn't care. I don't blame him for leaving UCONN b/c of the sh1t that's about to happen there but he just seems like he isn't willing to work for anything.

I could see him being successful in a place like maybe Washington or Cleveland where they have established point guards, or even sacramento where he could play off Cousins for a few seasons....but if he came to Charlotte man it would be a disaster for everyone involved.

Honestly, and we all know this, they need to trade down and get a big man and a PG. Easier said than done though. Look how hard it was for the wolves to trade out of that spot last season and I would be salivating for a player like Derrick Williams in this draft. Wolves we're basically giving away that pick and had no takers. This is a deep draft, but it's a lot of good players with one great player.

Drummond man just seems like he doesn't care. I don't blame him for leaving UCONN b/c of the sh1t that's about to happen there but he just seems like he isn't willing to work for anything.

I could see him being successful in a place like maybe Washington or Cleveland where they have established point guards, or even sacramento where he could play off Cousins for a few seasons....but if he came to Charlotte man it would be a disaster for everyone involved.

Honestly, and we all know this, they need to trade down and get a big man and a PG. Easier said than done though. Look how hard it was for the wolves to trade out of that spot last season and I would be salivating for a player like Derrick Williams in this draft. Wolves we're basically giving away that pick and had no takers. This is a deep draft, but it's a lot of good players with one great player.

Exactly. Perfecto.

You said everything right.

Only way for Drummond to work is if we could trade with Portland bc they're in love with a MKG, Beal, etc. and hopefully Drummond is there at 6th. Take him there and Marshall at 11th.

If we draft Drummond we will have the shittiest offensive post play in the NBA.

Even if we do happen to draft the next Dwight Howard, until you can stretch the floor it doesn't really matter.

Some of you are ready to already throw Bismack under the bus despite the fact that he is not even 20 years old yet and had never played truly competitive basketball and then the same people are turning around and wanting to draft guys that are very similar players (Drummond), if we draft a post player it should be someone who can pay the 4 spot like Sullinger, Robinson, Zeller, or Henson.

If we draft Drummond we will have the shittiest offensive post play in the NBA.

Even if we do happen to draft the next Dwight Howard, until you can stretch the floor it doesn't really matter.

Some of you are ready to already throw Bismack under the bus despite the fact that he is not even 20 years old yet and had never played truly competitive basketball and then the same people are turning around and wanting to draft guys that are very similar players (Drummond), if we draft a post player it should be someone who can pay the 4 spot like Sullinger, Robinson, Zeller, or Henson.

No you can draft a 5 and move Bismack to the 4 where he will have better match ups night in and night out.

Archived