• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Harrison Barnes, the Bobcats (Hornets) will in the NBA Title in 5 years

TheOracle

If MJ drafts Barnes, even KT would not be able to or willing to defend the pick.

Barnes has limited ball handling skills and cannot create his own shot. He will bust in the NBA.

How many times will people keep posting that SHORTSIGHTED assessment? Ball handling skills and the ability to create a shot, aren't HEIGHT or wing span. You can IMPROVE dribbling and develop a go to move (there's naturally more spacing in the NBA anyway).

Has no one EVER improved on skills they didn't have in college after they got to the pros?

Are you saying Barnes can't improve his handle? If so, then you must also believe that Anthony Davis can't add muscle, since he still needs to. I'd be much more concerned about whether MKG will ever become a consistent offensive threat, than whether Harrison Barnes will improve his "DRIBBLING" skills. Shooting is much harder to perfect than dribbling.

And no, the youtube clip in the Kidd-Gilchrist thread doesn't mean he can shoot. Shooting in a game when you're thinking about and doing other things is different than just shooting around.

Get a clue, people.

I love UNC and I don't want barnes in a bobcat uni. Just like Coples with the Panthers. DO NO WANT!

i can see why you didnt want Coples, we (the panthers) didnt need him, BUT what does the Bobcats need most?? most will say PF or Center, but i say it's Small Forward. if the pick isnt Kidd-Gilchrist or Barnes, then the Bobcats screwed up another draft. those guys have potential at SF and are guys they can market around and show off. Drummond is a bad pick to me. sure he has size, but so did Okafor and he didnt play well. Robinson isnt awful, but in my book, the need at SF is too big. i would LOVE Barnes. sure he didnt play well at UNC, but there have been some college players who underacheived in the college game and then played well in the pros. i wont give up on Barnes yet. do we draft him, likely not, but if we dont draft him, we MUST pick Kidd-Gilchrist.

LOL @ all the bad responses on Barnes. His ceiling is very high. Players get better.

I think people are just paranoid now b/c the Bobcats drafted Felton and May from UNC and they think anytime they draft a player now from UNC, they will be a bust.

I would love Barnes. Not at 2, but at 4 or 6 if we trade w/cleveland or portland.

LOL @ all the bad responses on Barnes. His ceiling is very high. Players get better.

I think people are just paranoid now b/c the Bobcats drafted Felton and May from UNC and they think anytime they draft a player now from UNC, they will be a bust.

I would love Barnes. Not at 2, but at 4 or 6 if we trade w/cleveland or portland.

they usually are

Looks like Cleveland wants to win a Championship in 3 years: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/06/harrison-barnes-2012-nba-draft-cleveland-cavaliers/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

These morons who are so anti-Barnes because of the Bobcats' history with UNC players & his basically quitting after Marshall went down deserve to remain in the cellar. Anyone can improve a DRIBBLE.

These fools probably also wanted Jordan to draft Adam Morrison a few years ago like most of white Charlotte did. MJ actually preferred Brandon Roy, but went with the business decision.

Are they still smarter than most of you? Cleveland is.

So adding a poor mans Deng is the answer now???

Deng currently has a handle & he can create his own shot, so I don't see how the criticism of Barnes lines up. If Deng had Barnes' shot he'd be a much better player. Barnes could develop Deng's dribble with a paycheck on the line and nothing else to do but basketball.

Clevelands missing piece is a small foward that will avg 8 points a night

Barnes can score 8 points in his sleep. That's what he was doing in the NCAA tournament. Sleeping. Put him with Irving, he could be ROY because he will try.

UNC fan here, no and hell no to any player from UNC this year unless they fall into the second

Like being a UNC fan makes you smart. I'm a fan of NO ONE, but I'd rather see UNC win than others. So what? It is what it is. Next to Anthony Davis, Barnes has the most ELITE POTENTIAL of any other player in this draft. It's just a matter of whether either of them lives up to it. That also means he has the 2nd most BUST potenital.

Again, it is what it is.

If Cleveland gets him at #4 and he lives up to his potential, good for them. History will say they got the best player in this draft and question the intelligence of everyone who passed on him, just like people now question why so many teams passed on Tony Parker, and why Jordan drafted Kwame "The next Kevin Garnett" Brown #1, despite him being a consensus Top 3 pick on analysts' boards.

When they bust, they bust, and you get ripped...but you don't know.

It is what it is.

Deng currently has a handle & he can create his own shot, so I don't see how the criticism of Barnes lines up. If Deng had Barnes' shot he'd be a much better player. Barnes could develop Deng's dribble with a paycheck on the line and nothing else to do but basketball.

He is a 6'8 jump shooter plain and simple. He is a taller Rip Hamliton. He doesn't rebound or play defense with any consistency. He has a problem getting his own shot because he's not that good of a ball handler. His heart has been put into question to much. And while being a good athlete he is to stiff to be a great one.

He is a 6'8 jump shooter plain and simple. He is a taller Rip Hamliton. He doesn't rebound or play defense with any consistency. He has a problem getting his own shot because he's not that good of a ball handler. His heart has been put into question to much. And while being a good athlete he is to stiff to be a great one.

Like I said, if Deng had Barnes' shot, he'd be considered a much better player. He doesn't. Anyone can learn to dribble. Being so adamant against drafting somene who isn't a PG because they weren't a great dribbler in college is dumb.

Archived