• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Austin Rivers

TheOracle

Problem is, he is not as good as Westbrook. He just compares to him in terms of play style.

Of course he isn't as good as Westbrook he hasnt even played a game in the NBA. But Westbrooks "playing style" earned him an All-Star appearance and a trip to the NBA finals!

Problem is, he is not as good as Westbrook. He just compares to him in terms of play style.

As if anyone expected Westbrook to turn into the player he has. Most of these guys you're hyping will bust, and the ones people aren't talking about is where that diamond in the rough will probably come from, as usual.

I'm so glad you all know exactly who that will be.

He lacks the quicks to beat guys as a shooting guard and especially as a point.

Quit clamoring for you ACC guys only. Austin and Barnes are not going to be anything more than some guys in the NBA. Austin just has no natural feel for the game aside from scoring which he has no outstanding way to do in the pros.

Barnes will dribble off his foot austin will dribble off a defenders chest forcing shots.

Dumb. Beal isn't even built to be a full-time ball handler, with his gorilla physique.

Dude, Beal is much more athletic and a way better shooter than Rivers, if you even keep up with college bascketball.

It's dumb for you to think Rivers could play PG. All rivers is, is a shooter. Not a ball handler.

Dude, Beal is much more athletic and a way better shooter than Rivers, if you even keep up with college bascketball.

It's dumb for you to think Rivers could play PG. All rivers is, is a shooter. Not a ball handler.

The issue there was whether Beal could be a PG, and saying yes to that idiotic. If either Rivers or Beal was going to play PG eventually, anyone with a brain would say that Rivers has more potential in that position than Beal. PG in the NBA isn't like PG in college, which is why guys who play stiff like older Jason Kidd and Steve Nash can still succeed, because there's so much more space on the court, which is why Rivers could play the position in the pros. Beal doesn't have the right physique for doing any more than spotting your PG minutes, but yes, Rivers could DEVELOP INTO a full-time PG if a team wanted him to. Beal will be drafted to be a SG and they'll say he can fill in at the point AT TIMES. That's the same thing they'll say about Rivers, right now, but I'm saying he could become a full-time one, if asked. I'm sure he doesn't want to.

As if anyone expected Westbrook to turn into the player he has. Most of these guys you're hyping will bust, and the ones people aren't talking about is where that diamond in the rough will probably come from, as usual.

I'm so glad you all know exactly who that will be.

Come back to me in 3 years when MGK and Beal are warranting where they were drafted.

Come back to me in 3 years when MGK and Beal are warranting where they were drafted.

They likely won't. Historically, most top 10 picks haven't. Tony Parker was taken 28th, and his career was better than most taken before him.

Something like that is more likely to happen than Bradley or Gilchrist warranting Top 5 in a few years.

Drafting a point guard in the lottery in consecutive drafts is a stupid, stupid, stupid move. People give up on players way to soon around here.

MKG is the best player and fills a need, no reason to choose anyone different unless we can trade for a star* player.

perfectly said

Archived