• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats will select Robinson, Barnes, or Beal according to SLAM

cdandi1

Barnes will be the best player out of this draft. 1-Davis 2-Barnes is Oden/Durant all over again. Over-hyped big man gets drafted over a criticized scoring forward.

*before you spew your Barnes hate I did not compare his game to Durant.

Well anything can happen now.

Who knows who we'll take.

It could be Drummond or Jeremy Lamb. Just saying.

Just like how it was supposed to be down to Shaw and Synder, and out of the blue we hire Mike Dunlap.

So at the end of the day all these rumors are just rumors, so dont get too caught up in it.

These people are getting paid to wright anything.

And GO MIKE DUNLAP!!!!

He was supposed to CARRY UNC after Marshall went down..in people's minds. He didn't, so people don't think he's worth crap...because of two games without Marshall. That's a pretty small sample size to go off of. Maybe Roy asked them to still play WITHIN THE SYSTEM and try to run their normal offense with White running PG.

I haven't seen anywhere where Roy said, we're expecting Barnes to carry us until Marshall gets back. Barnes carried them in that one game against Clemson in the ACC Tournament the previous year with Marshall playing, so it's not like he couldn't carry a team (at least for one game). He hit the game winning shot against FSU in Tallahassee that same year, so it's not like he's afraid to take the big shot.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WERE TOLD TO PLAY AFTER MARSHALL WENT DOWN! All I know is their whole offense sucked. Spacing, fast breaks, everything. Should Barnes have scored 50 in all of that commotion to make know-nothings "feel him"? That's like asking a surgeon to operate with the lights off.

If I was one of these teams interviewing him, I would ask him what was going on in his head after Marshall got knocked out of the NCAA Tournament. That would be more revealing than just assuming that he sucks when their entire offense SUCKED after Marshall went down.

Barnes not only didn't carry UNC when Marhall went down, he looked COMPLETELY lost. The weaknesses in his game showed through (lack of ball handling, lack of quickness, lack of ability to break down your defender one on one, lack of abaility to generate your own shot.

These attributes are necessary to be a stud in the NBA....he is NOT worth the 2nd overall pick.

So how did he look with a PG like Marshall. Their will be no Stilman Whites in the NBA. Being able to create your own shot can be taught. His shooting ability, size and skillset cannot be taught.

Not saying Barnes will be our pick at 2, but their are questions about everyone at 2 we are looking at.

Barnes not only didn't carry UNC when Marhall went down, he looked COMPLETELY lost. The weaknesses in his game showed through (lack of ball handling, lack of quickness, lack of ability to break down your defender one on one, lack of abaility to generate your own shot.

These attributes are necessary to be a stud in the NBA....he is NOT worth the 2nd overall pick.

What part of UNC's ENTIRE OFFENSE LOOKED LOST don't you get, simpleton?

If it's the WHOLE OFFENSE that's out of synch, then that's clearly Roy Williams' fault. Roy is one of the worst ADJUSTMENT coaches in the game.

What part of UNC's ENTIRE OFFENSE LOOKED LOST don't you get, simpleton?

If it's the WHOLE OFFENSE that's out of synch, then that's clearly Roy Williams' fault. Roy is one of the worst ADJUSTMENT coaches in the game.

Barnes was touted as a can't miss stud. he looked like just an avg player who could not get his shot.

Keep making excuses for him. I am a HUGE Tarheels fan and this pick at #2 would be a HUGE reach. If Barnes was not a Tarheel, MJ would not even consider him.

Barnes was touted as a can't miss stud. he looked like just an avg player who could not get his shot.

Keep making excuses for him. I am a HUGE Tarheels fan and this pick at #2 would be a HUGE reach. If Barnes was not a Tarheel, MJ would not even consider him.

Barnes didn't tout himself. Maybe the media should SHUT UP HYPING EVERY F*CKING BODY once in a while and let people DESERVE HYPE FIRST. I'm getting sick of this IGNORANT mindset permeating America these days.

THE MEDIA HYPES.

THE MEDIA IS THE PROBLEM, DUH.

THE MEDIA IS WRONG...

...and I guarantee you they'll end up being wrong about Barnes just like they were about Oden going first, about Kwame Brown being the next Kevin Garnett, and the local Charlotte idiots about Adam Morrison. That's why I like the Dunlap pick, because the media didn't expect it, and I would love the potential of a Barnes pick, because the media doesn't want it. It's almost as if the media is trying to pressure Jordan to go against smart moves (he preferred dealing that Wizards' pick for Elton Brand and moving down, and preferred Brandon Roy over Morrison). As for Barnes, the media hyped Barnes and now they feel like he made them look bad (all though his production wasn't bad). Of course they've convinced you that HE'S the problem, instead of them.

Now that I've repeated that simple fact again, here's what one Exec thinks of Barnes:

A Western Conference front office executive recently said Barnes would probably be a better pro player than college player because he played in a system at North Carolina that didn’t complement his talents. The executive noted that Paul Pierce was the only quality small forward to play for Roy Williams “and that wasn’t because of Roy. His system is more for point guards and bigs.”

Barnes admitted that he had to adjust his game to fit a talented team that featured three other potential lottery picks in Tyler Zeller, John Henson and Kendall Marshall. “Not a lot of teams in the country have two skilled 6-10 guys and a great point guard. I had to work more on my midrange game and two dribble pull-up,” Barnes said.

http://mobile.washin...66&cid=-1&spf=1

Exactly. It's clear to anyone not caught up in the media's hype, just like I said the other day, that Roy's system is clearly PG & inside dominated. And it's also clear that the problem after Marshall went down had more to do with ROY'S INABILITY TO ADAPT to the loss of Marshall than with Barnes "disappearing", which is the general consensus among people who just go with what they hear on TV.

I remember my brother mentioning seeing Barnes & Roy trading words on the sideline in either the Ohio or Kansas game.

IT ALL FELL APART after Marshall went down.

I blame Roy for that.

Barnes didn't tout himself. Maybe the media should SHUT UP HYPING EVERY F*CKING BODY once in a while and let people DESERVE HYPE FIRST. I'm getting sick of this IGNORANT mindset permeating America these days.

You go on a tirade of how everyone should stop hyping a player.....then say that Barnes is worth the #2 pick when his weaknesses were GLARING during the NCAA tournament.

Problem I have with Barnes is that he DID NOT show significant improvement dueing his two years at Carolina.

We can debate this all day. I just do not think that Barnes is worth the #2 pick and has major holes in his game.

You go on a tirade of how everyone should stop hyping a player.....then say that Barnes is worth the #2 pick when his weaknesses were GLARING during the NCAA tournament.

Problem I have with Barnes is that he DID NOT show significant improvement dueing his two years at Carolina.

We can debate this all day. I just do not think that Barnes is worth the #2 pick and has major holes in his game.

Get real. I haven't "hyped" Barnes. I've talked about why the media is full of idiots, and anyone who simply regurgitates what they hear on ESPN or the radio is being an idiot, too.

Improvement? So, what you're saying is if Barnes had left after his freshman year, you'd think he was worth the #2 pick, just like people think freshmen Beal & Gilchrist are (and Davis #1)?

Apparently you ignore quality assessments, like those of the NBA executive. Like I said the other day, Barnes wasn't the focal point of UNC's offense, just because you and the media were fixated on him. UNC sucked as a team before Marshall was given the team, and they sucked in the two tournamnet games without him after he was knocked out of it.

That's on Roy. You can keep ignoring reality, but it doesn't change the "WHY" of it all.

Barnes was asked to be a role player on that UNC team. He was not the first option. Zeller was number 1 the entire year. That was on Roy not Barnes. Plus, the whole team was out of sync when Marshall went down, as stated above. I personally believe Barnes, with the right coaching could be a solid starter. Maybe not a star or an all star but a solid player. There is no player IMO, besides Davis who could be a potential, consistent All-Star/Star. Im not a huge fan of TRob because hes undersized for his style of game. MKG is Gerald Wallace 2.0 and I don't know enough about Beal to make an accurate observation

Archived