• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your opinion: The worst way to die

Brokenbad

I was younger and celebratory birthday style stupid...it was an incredibly irresponsible/life-altering situation.

And you wayy older guys can judge me; I learned my lesson in the worst possible way:

Me and my close group of friends were partying for my birthday and during poker we were passing around straight bourbon and canadian mist. During a hand, I didn't respond to the flop and they realized I wasn't responsive and completely limp with my eyes still open. They luckily are amazing friends (1 was a former paramedic) and got me water, were making sure I was breathing and got me in a car then started driving like fuggin hell.

During the ride, they couldn't tell through my wrist or neck if I had a pulse so had to rip open my shirt and check through my chest...which was still near impossible.

After an hour ride to meet an ambulance in the middle of nowhere, the medics read no pulse...they got me hooked up to all the gadgets...a breathing tube, my bac was .39 (this was after roughly 1 1/2 hrs of no drinking)...I was unconscious and after somehow reviving me (I was apparently officially "gone" for like 5-10 minutes) I was carried in the helicopter going in and out of consciousness.

I woke up in ICU next to a kid younger than me in a coma with his family deciding if they wanted to donate his organs and meanwhile I was 2,000 miles away from home with a group of like 8. My heart-rate was still incredibly low and they honestly thought I wasn't gonna make it. That was a game-changer and made me think of everything in a new way. Turned the negatives into das positives.

Damn you are VERY lucky. I could see how that experience would definitely change your outlook on life.

Glad it was not your time to go.

Archived