• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Gordon traded to Charlotte

Dpantherman

Because coming out of high school McAdoo was one of the top 3-5 NBA prospects. Last summer he took it to Anthony Davis in the summer leagues. He has already has an NBA body to go along with a very high skill set, crazy athleticism, & a high motor. Not to mention his pedigree. It took him a while to transition to the college game & he had limited playing time. However, IMO the last month or so of the season McAdoo was the best college player not named Anthony Davis. Roy did a good job hiding him. He was the best player on the team & would've been a top 5 pick this year.

UNC will be his team this season so we'll see if he is the real deal. I wouldn't be suprised to see him win NPOY & go #1. He is an absolute beast. Next year will tell it all for him.

Duke fans are very high on him & scared of him; that should tell a lot. They don't generally say a UNC guy has skill. They admit he is an elite talent & poke that Roy intentionally hid him on the bench to keep him around.

Try to find videos online from the ACC/NCAA tourney or the last few weeks of the regular season. It finally clicked for him, Roy increased his PT when Henson went down, & McAdoo EXPLODED.

Thanks!! Great info on McAdoo.

He should continue that explosion this season with him being the focal point of the offense. He should average 18 Points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game this coming season.

IMO he's Anthony Davis with a higher offensive potential and a slightly and I mean very slightly less defensive potential. He has an NBA body with similar freakish athleticism and a defensive knack for blocking shots. While offensively he might not have as good of a handle as Davis, he still has nice dribble and drive ability for a big as well as more natural touch on his shot and around the basket. From what I've seen of his post work late last year he looked to have good feet movement and good technique when backing down defenders.

Anthony Davis?

Really? Intriguing.

I just hope we lands at least a top four pick, which we should. That will surely secure us for getting a Zeller, Noel, McAdoo or Shabazz. These four are really going to be game changers and true stars in the future.

Guest herpes

Anthony Davis?

Really? Intriguing.

I just hope we lands at least a top four pick, which we should. That will surely secure us for getting a Zeller, Noel, McAdoo or Shabazz. These four are really going to be game changers and true stars in the future.

He doesn't have Davis' length but he's a great defender & more polished offensive player. Unlike Davis McAdoo has an NBA body. He is a beast.

As stated, he dominated Davis last summer. People were drooling over him & calling Davis a bust.

Anthony Davis is 6-10 with a 7-4 wing span with off the chart athleticism and a really high Basketball IQ.

JMM is 6-9 with a 7-1 wingspan with off the chart athleticism, a really high basketball IQ with more touch and offensive potential.

The difference in wingspan and Davis having a slightly better dribble drive ability is what separates them other then the major difference in offensive skill sets. Imo they pretty much come out to a draw, while on one side you have the length and defensive presence with Davis. Which should allow Davis to be a force in the NBA defensively and around the basket on putbacks. On the other side you have JMM with a NBA pedigree with slightly less length and defensive presence but a much high upside offensively. JMM will be less of a force defensively (no slouch though) but can step out and shoot a jumper and should develop a better post game with his feel and natural touch.

Guest herpes

Seriously? When? Unc vs UK?

No, the summer leagues. McAdoo pushed him around & put up big numbers & Davis really struggled. It looked like a possessed man bullying a kid. I'll try to find a tape.

Guest herpes

Ok preciate it. It's hard finding any clips of McAdoo on YouTube.

'11 Jordan Brand Classic

McAdoo is white #33

....pause it around 1:49

I am a UNC homer.

Putting McAdoo and Davis in the same sentence is blasphemy at this point.

The reason McAdoo didn't get a lot of playing time last year is because he was basically terrible until the end of the season. He has great tools and could become a top 5 player in the draft next season, but he has a ways to go this offseason.

We shall see once the season begins. I think he is going to be a really, really good player. But he has to grow a whole lot more as a player and play with a lot more confidence before I can begin to see a comparison to Anthony Davis.

I really want to know how good McAdoo is. Im a fan of all Carolina teams. I keep up with UNC as much as Duke, prob even a bit more than Duke. But I tried to figure out how good McAdoo really is and I just can't. It's probably just bc he didn't get much PT last season that I didnt get to see him showcase his talent or what. But how could a dude who really hasn't prove he's a star in CBB being projected that high for next year already. Every where I look McAdoo is projected as a high draft prospect. Anyone who knows more of him, please educate me on the kid.

I went to several games this year and he's hard to figure out. Yes, you see the athleticism and potential, and that's all that matters as far as the NBA is concerned, but at times it's like he zones out and his head isn't in the game. If he shores that up this year, he could vie for the top pick as well.

Chad Ford:

Beal and Barnes are off our board after the BG trade.

We know the real intrigue of the draft begins at No. 2 with the Charlotte Bobcats. Their trade of Corey Maggette for Ben Gordon and a 2013 first rounder from Detroit makes things a little easier if they keep the pick.

I think you can now safely scratch Bradley Beal off the board (his entire advisor team takes a huge sigh of relief). Ditto for Harrison Barnes (another huge exhale).

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is very much in the mix, however if they keep the pick it still sounds like Thomas Robinson has the slight edge.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...ffle-top-picks

Draft Express is usually the best. He has tons of scouts he stays in contact with and he has been updating his mock daily with new information. He is still sticking with us taking T-Rob even after this trade

Archived