• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats in Dwight Howard's Trade Talk.

Actually, athletically Henderson and Brooks are very similar.

Henderson- http://www.draftexpr...Henderson-1042/

Brooks- http://www.draftexpr...on-brooks-6347/

Looking at this from an unbiased perspective, it took Henderson three years to do what Brooks did in one year.

1st if you've seen both play they are no where near the same athlete.

And being a unbiased Bobcat fan would know that Hendo spent 2 years in Larry Browns dog house. And wasn't given the chance that Brooks got his 1st year.

Please add that into your unbiased Perspective.

I have seen both play, quite frequently actually and though Henderson is indeed superior athletically (right now), it's not by much and MarShon Brooks could actually become more athletic with time. Let's not forget, Henderson wasn't exactly the most athletic athlete when we drafted him. In fact, most people wouldn't even have labeled Henderson athletic until this year (his third year in the league).

Also I am actually bringing numbers to the argument, what are you bringing?

Also Henderson didn't spend time in anyone's doghouse.

2009- Henderson was a back-up to Raja Bell and Stephen Jackson because they both were better players.

2010- Henderson was a back-up to Stephen Jackson because Stephen Jackson was a better players.

2011- Henderson has no competition, gets unlimited minutes and has a chance to prove himself.

Actually, athletically Henderson and Brooks are very similar.

Henderson- http://www.draftexpr...Henderson-1042/

Brooks- http://www.draftexpr...on-brooks-6347/

Looking at this from an unbiased perspective, it took Henderson three years to do what Brooks did in one year.

Thank you. I kept thinking reading through the last few pages, "where did it become a fact that Hendo is a better athlete than Brooks?" LOL.

I remembered reading his pre-draft stuff last year and it all said he was an explosive athlete. I actually wanted us to draft him there for awhile before we swung the deal we did to pick up another pick.

I pull for Hendo because he's on our team but I don't have a lot of hope for him getting much better than he is now. It's possible, but I don't see it. He doesn't have the consistency to be a go-to guy, or franchise type player. I think he's a good player and a starter, but that's about it. Brooks, at this point, has more upside and just as much ability.

Once again, I am not a Gerald Henderson hater, he is actually one my favorite players on the Bobcats roster.

You (KoolKatLuke) brought this on yourself when you insinuated that MarShon Brooks CAN NOT possibly turn out to be a better NBA player than Gerald Henderson, when in actuality he has a good chance.

There is nothing to get upset about, that's just the way it is.

Shooting percentage doesn't come from more minutes but points, rebounds, assists does; which is why your athletic statement is somewhat flawed. I am assuming you are judging Brooks and Henderson athleticism on stats, because as I posted earlier their measurable's and physicals are extremely similar.

The thing that gives Henderson the edge is minutes.

Henderson- 33.3 minutes per game

Brooks- 29.4 minutes per game

Four minutes is quite a bit in an NBA game.

No I don't have to go by stats. I go by my sight I've seen both play.

Hendo plays great defense and is explosive going to the basket.

You can't see the difference in athleticism?

I have seen both play, quite frequently actually and though Henderson is indeed superior athletically, it's not by much.

Also I am actually bringing numbers to the argument, what are you bringing?

Also Henderson didn't spend time in anyone's doghouse.

2009- Henderson was a back-up to Raja Bell and Stephen Jackson because they both were better players.

2010- Henderson was a back-up to Stephen Jackson because Stephen Jackson was a better players.

2011- Henderson has no competition, gets unlimited minutes and has a chance to prove himself.

And who did Marshon have in front of him?

Once again, I am not a Gerald Henderson hater, he is actually one my favorite players on the Bobcats roster.

You (KoolKatLuke) brought this on yourself when you insinuated that MarShon Brooks CAN NOT possibly turn out to be a better NBA player than Gerald Henderson, when in actuality he has a good chance.

There is nothing to get upset about, that's just the way it is.

That's your opinion. I think Hendo is and will stay the better player. I think Hendo can do more for his team then Brooks can. That's my opinion.

No I don't have to go by stats. I go by my sight I've seen both play.

Hendo plays great defense and is explosive going to the basket.

You can't see the difference in athleticism?

Mix tapes are a poor judge of talent because they only show the good. What about the bad?

Also a good stat for athleticism are blocks and steals.

Statistically, Brooks and Henderson are dead even in both of those columns.

That's your opinion. I think Hendo is and will stay the better player. I think Hendo can do more for his team then Brooks can. That's my opinion.

If our team stays like this and the Nets acquire Howard. There is no doubt that Henderson will do more for the Bobcats than Brooks can do for the Nets (if he remains a Net).

But keep in mind that some of Henderson's production may falter if/when the Cats add superior talent.

That's all for me tonight, time to hit the hay.

I'm not gonna lie, after looking at the video, Brooks looks like a shittier, slower, unathletic version of Jamal Crawford, lol.

Hendo is clearly more explosive regardless of how they measured out at the combine.

I'm still not sure how much better Hendo can get, but I don't think much more... I hope he does, but I think a huge part of that will be getting a player that is better than him in the starting lineup for him to play off of.

Archived