• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats in Dwight Howard's Trade Talk.

No not for Dwight.

"Magic and Nets are working to facilitate a 4 team deal with the Clippers and either Cavs or Bobcats, ESPN's Ric Bucher reports.

In discussed deal, Nets would receive Howard and other players. Magic would get C Brook Lopez, three 1st rounders and other players. Cavaliers and Bobcats are both interested in F Kris Humphries, while Bobcats and Clippers are interested in G MarShon Brooks. " (ESPN)

Interesting news! Would love to add either Humphries or Brooks. Would be amazing depth and key pieces we could build around toward the future.

MarShon Brooks' 2012 Stats:

12.6 PPG, 3.60 RPG, 2.3. APG

Marshon Brooks would be good added depth behind DJ, Kemba, Gordon, and Hendo. In 2012 we could look for a big man instead of adding another scorer.

Kris Humphries' 2012 Stats:

13.8 PPG, 11.00 RPG, 1.5 APG

Humphries will definitely be able to solidify that PF position, giving Bismack the opportunity to play Center. Also complementing each other perfectly and our front court should have no problem rebounding. In 2012, we could then take a Shabazz Muhammad instead of a big man.

What happened to the NBA competition rules? One team resigning Gerald Wallace and Derron Williams and adding Joe Johnson and Dwight Howard in free agency would be a bit much, no?

How is that any different than the Lakers adding Chris Paul?

That team would be the "BROOKLYN Nets", so Stern wouldn't care.

If this trade gos through as constructed it just shows how crooked the league is. So your telling me the Magic are getting fair value trading a HOF center for Luke Walton, Brook Lopez on a max deal, and 3 late first rounders. Lakers being another team after D12 aside, this trade sucks for the magic and for it to even be on the table reeks of foul play. Hell, it could be argue that Cleveland is getting a better deal then the Magic.

Commence your "look at the whiny Lakers fan" comments now....

Im hoping a deal gets done with us being in the mix!!!

BUT, I am hoping it's a trade through players only and not us giving up future draft picks. And I'm sure Cho is smart enough to not give up picks. Maybe parting ways with Thomas and Hendo.

I would really like for us to add Humphries, though I wouldnt care if it was Brooks. But Humphries just makes more sense for us. He's a big body that we lack. Humphries and Bismack would be a really nice front court. Also giving us the opportunity to take Shabazz next year.

Imagine:

PG: Kemba

SG: Shabazz / Gordon

SF: MKG / Taylor

PF: Humphries

C: Bismack / Mullens

I smell a playoffs push in 2013-2014 .

When Cho was talking about rebuilding. He didn't mean hitting the lottery drafts every year. He meant two or three drafts only (which we had 2011/2012; and next year 2013) and using trades like this to set us up into the future of brightness.

How is Brooklyn doing anything wrong here? They traded for Derron, traded (and significantly overpaid) for Wallace, traded for Joe Johnson's contract (bigger than the player), and now they are trying to trade for Dwight. If anything they built their team more like the Celtics than the Heat

Obviously Dwight is the most significant piece and they certainly aren't trading fair value, but the Magic is about to get a hell of a lot more for Dwight than the Cavs got for Lebron.

Plus, that 2017 Nets 1st rounder could end up being a very nice pick- they are old

Archived