• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4)

17+89=6

Honestly I dont think the Coaching is th main reson to blame....The dump and run is a good tactic when you want to be physical. The problem is we are not dumping and running at good times or just not physical enough.....i.e. no high forward....If our seson shall come to an end i hope they bring back mo and co and make a few player acqusitions and we could be Stanley Cup Champions....

Exactly. The dump and run works when you are playing physical, which we were during the first 2 series. We forgot how to hit in this series and when that happens you gotta change things up which Maurice has never been able to do, he has John Fox Syndrome if you will.

Speaking of adding players, Martin Havlat is a UFA. I'd love to see us bring him in, he would fit our system really well.

The beard trimmer then the Mach 3 are coming out

It would be a futile effort on my part. This thing is gonna take a hair trimmer. I've had it going since late February. I called it my "pre-playoff playoff beard".

My Mach 3 is aching to be used. Poor thing....just sitting there all alone. No friends, no use in 4 months......

Exactly. The dump and run works when you are playing physical, which we were during the first 2 series. We forgot how to hit in this series and when that happens you gotta change things up which Maurice has never been able to do, he has John Fox Syndrome if you will.

Speaking of adding players, Martin Havlat is a UFA. I'd love to see us bring him in, he would fit our system really well.

Maurice is NOT a HOF coach....He does get JF syndrome...But I really like the system of playing and the Coaches that he has installed this time around. Almost like a football coach....He does the overall and matchups, Ronnie handles pp and forwards, the other guy(sorry i forgot his name and dontfeel like looking it up) handles the pk and efense and Tom Barrasso handles the goalie.....

Havlat would be nice have to see how his injury is and how the BH do.....we got some good players in our system ready to come up full time....Sutter is one i think of...help our center position

I caught all that. I'm just tired of hearing you blame Ward at every turn as if the goalie can stop everything thrown at them. He has done just about as much as he can given the way they have played in front of him. Every single time we've lost, one of the first things you've mentioned is "Ward didnt play well, blah blah blah". He kept us in it for awhile tonight, we just didn't feel the need to wake the hell up and give him any support.

Which is why i included him with the other faults and didn't put it all on him like you make it to be. He played well at times but others not so well. I dont expect him to block everything, so don't make that assumption. He has done as much as he could given the way the defense has played, but he has not played his best in these 3 losses.

Maurice is NOT a HOF coach....He does get JF syndrome...But I really like the system of playing and the Coaches that he has installed this time around. Almost like a football coach....He does the overall and matchups, Ronnie handles pp and forwards, the other guy(sorry i forgot his name and dontfeel like looking it up) handles the pk and efense and Tom Barrasso handles the goalie.....

Havlat would be nice have to see how his injury is and how the BH do.....we got some good players in our system ready to come up full time....Sutter is one i think of...help our center position

I can agree with all that. I think we were simply out-matched man, I've just never really liked Maurice at all...I guess I'm a hater in that department.

The Penguins are clicking and absolutely on fire. I don't think many teams would have stood a chance against them at all. The only team left standing that can shut them down is Detroit. Seeing as how thats my fathers team thats who I will be pulling for when/if we get knocked out.

Which is why i included him with the other faults and didn't put it all on him like you make it to be. He played well at times but others not so well. I dont expect him to block everything, so don't make that assumption. He has done as much as he could given the way the defense has played, but he has not played his best in these 3 losses.

I agree with that. He could have played better, but at the same time I'd have to put his play as the 9th or 10th leading reason why we are getting drug in this series.

Don't you hate it when you know the opponents best players, yet you still get your ass kicked by them? Like Turdo game planning as though he never heard of Fitzgerald, Malkin and Crosby are owning us.

I know right??

It's so frustrating to watch, almost like we never had a gameplan for those two to begin with. We respected them way too much.

Archived