• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4)

17+89=6

And thats coaching :(

For the most part. I think we bought into the Crosby/Malkin hype and mentally that never gave us a chance to begin with. Granted, you are not gonna keep both of them quiet the entire game, but a combined 15 points for the both of them in 3 games is pretty damn ridiculous.

Crosby and Malkin have 26 goals combined in the playoffs through 2 rounds and 3 games. The record is held by Joe Sakic/Peter Forsberg (96 Avalanche), Sakic/Kamensky (96 Avalanche) and Bure'/Linden (94 Canucks) , they all had 28. Malkin and Crosby are on pace to shatter that record and then take a piss on it.

We could see both of them hit 40-50 points in the postseason at the clip theyre playing, which is damn near unheard of anymore in the playoffs these days.

The problem with trying to gameplan around Malkin and Crosby is that they are both such good playmakers as well as scorers, you cant get caught just looking at them because as soon as they do they set someone up for a one timer

Malkin has come alive this series.....He is a tough physical forward wiith great puck skills.....It is hard to gameplan for someone like that.

Malkin has come alive this series.....He is a tough physical forward wiith great puck skills.....It is hard to gameplan for someone like that.

True, but it's been proven before that if you hit that guy (and not even necessarily take him off his feet, just let him know youre there) that he loses his head quickly and it effects his game a great deal. I've seen us attempt to hit him maybe 3 times so far.

True, but it's been proven before that if you hit that guy (and not even necessarily take him off his feet, just let him know youre there) that he loses his head quickly and it effects his game a great deal. I've seen us attempt to hit him maybe 3 times so far.

You are right.... It goes back to use being physical....I dont care what people say, when we are physical and finish checks we are a very, very good team....

Maybe we can find our physical game on the two days rest???

You are right.... It goes back to use being physical....I dont care what people say, when we are physical and finish checks we are a very, very good team....

Maybe we can find our physical game on the two days rest???

The canes should of gotten more physical after game 1,now it's a little too late.How many teams have come back from being down 0-3,this deep in the playoffs?!

The canes should of gotten more physical after game 1,now it's a little too late.How many teams have come back from being down 0-3,this deep in the playoffs?!

I believe I heard two. Ever. In the history of the NHL. :(

We could lose this seres but all i would like is for us to play like we can. If they beat us with us playing our "A" game, then that is fine.....I hate to lose when we arent playing our best. If we get swept in this series lets make them work twive as hard in game four..

Make Crosby, Malkin and Fleury plat out of their gourds to beat us and i can say the season ended ok.....otherwise good season, bad ending....

I just want 1 win. I mean forget all the past 3 games. We bet them twice in the regular season at home and at there house. Game 1 we were there till the last seconds. My point is this... the way the scheduling is.. win 1... then go play friday.... fight like you never fight before and you might win another.... then its back to the rbc center.... is it possible??? Yes.... is it hard?? Oh hell yes.... but you cant just go out like a bitch!

I don't think that we will win 4 games in a row, but I would not put it past this team. We have already proven we can win 3 in a row this playoff run. We have proven than we can win games in OT or at the last second of regulation. We've also proven that we can beat arguably the best goaltender in history 2 times in the last 1:30 of a game. We are absolutely capable of anything.

And I must say it is utterly pathetic how many people on this board are talking crap about the 'Canes. Does anyone remember that at one point, we weren't even considered to be a legitimate playoff contender? And we turned it around at the end of the season to make a fantastic run just to get in to the playoffs. And when we did, we beat two great teams. Hell of a freaking season, and it isn't over yet.

Archived