• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Bradford today

Absolutely awful against the Bears. I've paid close attention to his career. He isn't a great player at this stage. Has a lot of problems. Seems like the light should have came on long ago but just hasn't yet.

I wonder if the Rams brass and fan base is ready to start over? I doubt it.

You have to realize week to week, there's like two or three QB who consistently week in and week out cannot be questioned for their performance. QB in the NFL is that tough.

Eli, Brady, Rodgers, MAYBE Brees and Roethlisberger.

And that's all.

Otherwise, every other guy is up, down, up, down and the good ones are up more than they're down. That's where our 23 year old guy falls. Even those guys I mentioned have bad weeks but they're far and few between.

My point is not every fan base overreacts like this. Bradford will be a player in the NFL, as will Cam. Major, major players who write great legacies and win huge games on huge stages off in the future.

We need to be patient and let it happen.

Absolutely awful against the Bears. I've paid close attention to his career. He isn't a great player at this stage. Has a lot of problems. Seems like the light should have came on long ago but just hasn't yet.

You have to realize week to week, there's like two or three QB who consistently week in and week out cannot be questioned for their performance. QB in the NFL is that tough.

And that's all.

Otherwise, every other guy is up, down, up, down and the good ones are up more than they're down. That's where our 23 year old guy falls. Even those guys I mentioned have bad weeks but they're far and few between.

My point is not every fan base overreacts like this. Bradford will be a player in the NFL, as will Cam. Major, major players who write great legacies and win huge games on huge stages off in the future.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cam will be a great player in the NFL. The doubt creeps in when I think about how awful the coaching staff and GM has been. I just don't know if we have the right coaches to help Cam grow or to make the players on our team better.

Good points, but I'm not worried about Cam's play. I don't want this off-field stuff to get him down though - that's my main concern right now.

People that complain about his picks or whatever clearly didn't watch the game or they're just haters who've been waiting to pounce. Our coaching staff puts him in so many bad positions.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cam will be a great player in the NFL. The doubt creeps in when I think about how awful the coaching staff and GM has been. I just don't know if we have the right coaches to help Cam grow or to make the players on our team better.

Yeah he really didn't need to start his NFL career under a rookie head coach. Need a hard nose veteran coach that can get the best out of him

And that's all.

Good post.

Good points, but I'm not worried about Cam's play. I don't want this off-field stuff to get him down though - that's my main concern right now.

People that complain about his picks or whatever clearly didn't watch the game or they're just haters who've been waiting to pounce. Our coaching staff puts him in so many bad positions.

You're right. He is put in impossible situations way too much for a young QB.

But no, there is no forgiveness for Cam. We would rather jump on his case and make Himalayas out of molehills, than admit that maybe some of our other players and staff aren't doing their part.

No matter how bad things are on the field, Cam has never thrown a teammate under the bus. He always takes responsibility even when it wasn't his fault. He never complains about coaches or playcalling. He's not late to practice. He works harder than necessary. He is generous with his time to charities, especially those involving kids. He didn't hold out for more money. He set the all time passing yards for rookie QB's, and the all time rushing TD record for all QB's.

But no, we can't have a QB that wears a towel on his head. That is simply unacceptable and negates everything else he has done. We expect him to act like The Golden Calf of Bristol and play like Joe Montana. Given the unparalleled success our team has enjoyed over the years, we cannot expect less.

Some of the stuff I have read on this forum in the last few days simply disgusts me, and that includes statements by some normally rational people. It really makes you wonder what we expect of the young man...

Rams should have taken RG3 and traded Bradford. What the heck were they thinking

Time will tell. This is the NFL. Three weeks of Griffin looking okay (he is 1-2, mind you) doesn't tell us enough to really deduct reasoning one way or another.

I will go on record as saying I think that Griffin is a punk in hiding. A cancer type. Hard to know after three weeks. And I really like the way Bradford takes his licks and keeps his mouth shut. Never throws a head coach or teammate under the bus, and he takes a beating year after year. Bradford's make-up is '10'.

Time will tell.

Archived