• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 NBA Season Thread

h0llywood

Don't blame Mike Brown. Blame the geriatrics that are past their prime. He can only do so much with aging players who've already won titles and probably dont have the fire anymore.

You really think that Kobe doesn't have the fire anymore? You think that Nash doesn't want to win a title before he retires? Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Metta, and Jamison might be past their prime, but Nash is still a top 10 PG, Kobe is the best SG and a top 5 player still, and Gasol is still a top 10 big. If you really think that the Lakers just don't have the talent anymore or don't have the fire... idk what to tell ya, bro.

I'm not ready to put the Lakers up there with the Heat yet, but the Lakers clearly have the better starting line up. The Heat have better everything else though (bench, coach, chemistry, etc). This Lakers team has a lot of potential and 1 clear advantage over the Heat (size).

The Heat's advantage over the Lakers is their shooters, their depth, and the fact they have the current best player in the NBA. I'm not naive to believe this is how bad the Lakers will be playing all year, but right now there are other teams in the West that look more primed for the Finals than them.

The Heat's advantage over the Lakers is their shooters, their depth, and the fact they have the current best player in the NBA. I'm not naive to believe this is how bad the Lakers will be playing all year, but right now there are other teams in the West that look more primed for the Finals than them.

Yeah I completely agree with you 100%.

The Heat is set up perfectly for LeBron, just like his old Cavs teams (except LeBron has 2 stars with him now, 1 of them being a superstar). LeBron with the ball in his hands + sharpshooters everywhere = game over usually. Plus the Heat's depth is pretty insanely good, especially if Lewis is half the player he once was. While LeBron is the best player in the game, he is also neutralized (probably too strong of a word) a bit with a healthy Dwight at the rim. I'm still not completely sold on LeBron's jumper and if the Lakers can turn him into a jumpshooter then that will take a lot of what he does away. Although, like you said... the Lakers don't look like they are an NBA Finals team at this juncture.

Archived