• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Historical Perspective on the Dreaded QB "Regression"

teeray

I recall Marty Schottenheimer on Hard Knocks saying that if you can get a QB to play as well his 2nd year as he did his first year, you've made progress...

Statistically, Cam has pretty much done that. I saw on NFL Network that his numbers in most categories are pretty much neck and neck with last year.

Great research, it sucks that no one outside of Carolina can see this. Its hard to watch any sports media the last few days. I dont think cam's comment after the game were as bad as they are making it out to be,.

This whole year people have been asking whats wrong with cam,..and ive been saying nothing..he a 2nd year qb...he actually isnt doing bad this year...has he made mistakes yes...but once again 2nd yr qb.

I fully stand behind Cam and wanted him drafted all along, things I trully believe will be great in the long run.

Then you have but a few reasons left not to like Cam.

I have only one reason, he is an option QB that isn't going to be a success in the NFL. Has nothing to do with anything but the kid can't read NFL Defenses and played in the most gimmicky offense in College football.

The kid had character issues coming out of college and its coming full circle and showing up now that he is a pro.

I have only one reason, he is an option QB that isn't going to be a success in the NFL. Has nothing to do with anything but the kid can't read NFL Defenses and played in the most gimmicky offense in College football.

You are a coach ? A football expert ? You are becoming worse than TRD

The kid had character issues coming out of college and its coming full circle and showing up now that he is a pro.

How does one break the Rookie passing record but can't read NFL defenses?

And where were you last year? Will you disappear again when CAR starts winning again with Cam as the QB?

just off the top of my head, peyton manning being sued for a sexual assault in 2003 that allegedly occurred at UT when he was there. the media stayed hands-off and UT quietly let the trainer go with a $300k settlement. also dan marino was a known cokehead entering the league.

i'd say that's a bigger deal than maybe getting pay for play which btw is something i'm sure several athletes you cheer for on saturdays are involved in.

Drews Brees was a party animal that basically became a fall down drunk. When they drafted Phillip Rivers, he got his stuff together. That can be seen by him not being that good until his 7th year as a starter. I like though how when you make these legitemate points, ole boy has zero rebuttal. He just moves on to another baseless argument.

Archived