• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks At Falcons

going to be fun...that's pretty much a guarantee. We have a little play action of our own....and a QB that can run pretty effectively! It won't be 10-7!!!!!

You fixed your can't before i corrected it. ;)

I think Spoon spies Wilson with man coverage outside. You won't want him taking off running too much if that's the case. Spoon spied RG3 as well. Our defense hits hard. Dunta/Moore/Decoud/Spoon will not hesitate to take a shot on RW if it's there. Blocking might not be in his best interest. lol.

Oh and i'll be at the game by the way. With a sign that says

"And God said unto Abraham, Sack Russell Wilson"

Kind of a play on Wilson's beliefs ;)

We faced Green Bay and New England???? You can't honestly tell me Atlantas receiving unit is worlds better than those two? ESPECIALLY Green Bay.

The Pack don't have a single receiver over 1000. We have 2. Almost 3. They have 5 receivers with more than 30 catches. Atlanta has 6. Atlanta's receiving unit this year has been the best in the NFL. GB also has a better quarterback and OL.

Also different types of receivers. Ours are big physical and fast. our top 2 WRs are the most talented on any team.

The Pack don't have a single receiver over 1000. We have 2. Almost 3. They have 5 receivers with more than 30 catches. Atlanta has 6. Atlanta's receiving unit this year has been the best in the NFL. GB also has a better quarterback and OL.

Because they have a much deeper receiving unit.... that being said. My point was that Atlanta is not worlds better than GB... if we were able to contain them.. we should be fine with Atlanta, not saying they will be easy, but it's not like we will be shocked by what they can bring. We faced a much tougher schedule than Atlanta this year so we will be ready. Thats my reasoning of why it will come down to Lynch. Ryan and his receivers will get theirs. But if you can't stop Lynch, thats the way we can outscore the Falcons in the dome

Because they have a much deeper receiving unit.... that being said. My point was that Atlanta is not worlds better than GB... if we were able to contain them.. we should be fine with Atlanta, not saying they will be easy, but it's not like we will be shocked by what they can bring. We faced a much tougher schedule than Atlanta this year so we will be ready. Thats my reasoning of why it will come down to Lynch. Ryan and his receivers will get theirs. But if you can't stop Lynch, thats the way we can outscore the Falcons in the dome

Packers receivers are not nearrrrrrrrly as physical as roddy and Julio. different skillsets. and it's clearly not as deep if we have more receivers with 30 catches. And as i said. Better qb and OL. The SOS argument is tired. We beat every team we played.

biggest secondary in the league...no question. Falcons won't be the first team to accuse them of playing dirty/too rough/etc etc etc....beat us with the short game...that's your chance. Unless the something very odd happens, I can't see you winning this game by beating us deep repeatedly.

biggest secondary in the league...no question. Falcons won't be the first team to accuse them of playing dirty/too rough/etc etc etc....beat us with the short game...that's your chance. Unless the something very odd happens, I can't see you winning this game by beating us deep repeatedly.

They do play dirty. Sherman went to Stanford. He's not stupid. He learned how to get away with it. Browner should take a few more lessons. He gets flagged a lot more. and nor do i. But i think a good deep connection or two will be important.

Don't get me wrong. They are using the rules best to their advantage. I take no issue with it.

January 10, 2013, 2:06 AM EST

Richard Sherman thinks Atlanta receivers are best tandem in league

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman thinks the Atlanta Falcons receiving corps provides the biggest challenge his team has faced all season.

The Falcons’ duo of Julio Jones and Roddy White, along with tight end Tony Gonzalez, are among the most dynamic group of pass catchers the Seahawks have had to face this season.

“I would think so,” Sherman said Wednesday. “They’re two of the best in the league. They’re two of the best out there right now as individuals. For a tandem they’re probably the top tandem out there.”

Seattle has faced some of the best receivers in the game this season in Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, but they haven’t seen a group that poses as big a threat as Atlanta will this week.

“I think it is really going to be an exciting match-up to watch. Their receivers are so good, and they target the heck out of those guys, them and Tony Gonzalez, so there is going to be a lot of chances in this game,” head coach Pete Carroll said.

Sherman praised the ability of Jones and White in their route-running and their ability to make an impact downfield. He said while both are dynamic players, they are effective in different ways.

“I think Roddy is more crafty of a route-runner,” Sherman said. “He uses different tricks and things. You can see that he’s a veteran when he’s route-running. Julio runs hard routes and plays the game more physical. I think he’s stronger in his routes and uses his body more.”

“This is probably the best pair [of receivers] and pair [of cornerbacks] that you could match-up, and because of the size, and because of their physical nature in the way that they play, it’s going to be really exciting to see, ” Carroll said.

The match-up of White and Jones against Sherman and Brandon Browner will be one of the most intriguing positional battles of the weekend. Which tandem is more effective on Sunday could go a long way in determining who earns the spot in the NFC Championship game. As always, Sherman is eager for the challenge.

“It’s going to be a fun match-up for us. It’s fun to play against good players. Good against good is always the best kind of game,” Sherman said.

January 10, 2013, 2:06 AM EST

Richard Sherman thinks Atlanta receivers are best tandem in league

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman thinks the Atlanta Falcons receiving corps provides the biggest challenge his team has faced all season.

The Falcons’ duo of Julio Jones and Roddy White, along with tight end Tony Gonzalez, are among the most dynamic group of pass catchers the Seahawks have had to face this season.

“I would think so,” Sherman said Wednesday. “They’re two of the best in the league. They’re two of the best out there right now as individuals. For a tandem they’re probably the top tandem out there.”

Seattle has faced some of the best receivers in the game this season in Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, but they haven’t seen a group that poses as big a threat as Atlanta will this week.

“I think it is really going to be an exciting match-up to watch. Their receivers are so good, and they target the heck out of those guys, them and Tony Gonzalez, so there is going to be a lot of chances in this game,” head coach Pete Carroll said.

Sherman praised the ability of Jones and White in their route-running and their ability to make an impact downfield. He said while both are dynamic players, they are effective in different ways.

“I think Roddy is more crafty of a route-runner,” Sherman said. “He uses different tricks and things. You can see that he’s a veteran when he’s route-running. Julio runs hard routes and plays the game more physical. I think he’s stronger in his routes and uses his body more.”

“This is probably the best pair [of receivers] and pair [of cornerbacks] that you could match-up, and because of the size, and because of their physical nature in the way that they play, it’s going to be really exciting to see, ” Carroll said.

The match-up of White and Jones against Sherman and Brandon Browner will be one of the most intriguing positional battles of the weekend. Which tandem is more effective on Sunday could go a long way in determining who earns the spot in the NFC Championship game. As always, Sherman is eager for the challenge.

“It’s going to be a fun match-up for us. It’s fun to play against good players. Good against good is always the best kind of game,” Sherman said.

Like I said, I am not doubting that Atlanta has the best receiving unit. You were just saying that Seattle has never faced anything like them before. All I was saying is they will be ready, you beat seattle by short passes, VERY rarely will you be able to take advantage of them in the vertical passing game... thats why I don't think that would be the issue at all. I would be shocked if Seattle gave up more than 24 points this weekend. It will come down to how effective Lynch is and how many points Seattle can put up.

Like I said, I am not doubting that Atlanta has the best receiving unit. You were just saying that Seattle has never faced anything like them before. All I was saying is they will be ready, you beat seattle by short passes, VERY rarely will you be able to take advantage of them in the vertical passing game... thats why I don't think that would be the issue at all. I would be shocked if Seattle gave up more than 24 points this weekend. It will come down to how effective Lynch is and how many points Seattle can put up.

Short and intermediate is where we excel... We aren't the packers who go deep all the time. We take our shots though. We've score more touchdowns on screens than any team in the NFL.

I'm thinking like a 27-20 game. Which way it goes is anyone's guess. Yes i think my Falcons will win. I have faith in Nolan to come up with a great gameplan and have our guys ready. Every big game in we have had a fantastic defensive gameplan. That's why i say call it a hunch. I think it will come down to how well you can tackle our guys in the open field and be aware on defense and a mix of what you said. I'm just having a good time discussing the game. Chill man.

Archived