• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks At Falcons

I couldn't wait any longer to discuss this game with the resident Hawk fans on the board.

The match up i'm most looking forward to is our WRs vs your secondary. I expect safety help for browner on his side and i expect julio to be on browners side for a lot of the game. I don't expect Seattle's corners to follow unless they have reason too. Seattles LBs can rush upfield in a hurry. The Falcons have a great screen game to counter this. This could play more into the falcons hands with clemons out. It's definitely gonna be a fun chess match to watch for me.

I don't know how well Wilson can do with me screaming how much he likes boys from the stands lol.

I couldn't wait any longer to discuss this game with the resident Hawk fans on the board.

The match up i'm most looking forward to is our WRs vs your secondary. I expect safety help for browner on his side and i expect julio to be on browners side for a lot of the game. I don't expect Seattle's corners to follow unless they have reason too. Seattles LBs can rush upfield in a hurry. The Falcons have a great screen game to counter this. This could play more into the falcons hands with clemons out. It's definitely gonna be a fun chess match to watch for me.

I don't know how well Wilson can do with me screaming how much he likes boys from the stands lol.

Im surprised you didn't mention what I truly think will be the deciding factor. Because I think the secondary/receiving core should balance out well.

This game will come down to

Falcons stop Lynch = Falcons Win

Falcons don't stop Lynch = Falcons Loss

The Seahawks defense is good enough to contain anyone, so the game doesn't get out of hand. The most points we allowed in the entire season was 28 points, and that was a horrid game for us. We held Tom Brady in the Patriots to 23 points, and they lead the league in points scored. So it's not going to be a huge high scoring affair. I really think it will come down to how the Falcons can stop Lynch, if they do, I think the Seahawks lose a game in the 17-24 range, if they don't I think the Seahawks take it

Lynch's success will lie in the trenches. He's never had much success against us. However the scheme OL and QB are much improved this time around. That's what worries me more than Lynch himself. I don't think Lynch will be a deciding factor in the game. Call it a hunch.

Lynch is one of the best runners in the league, the Falcons do not have a good run defense (21st in the league), how can you say that won't be a deciding factor?? You played us last year when we didn't have a QB at all, so all we did was run, now we developed the zone read (which Atlanta struggles with) and we are much, much better. Say what you will, but I think if Lynch can run effectively, that will decide the game.

I am starting to get worried. I have literally never felt so passionate about another team besides the Panthers as I do about the Hawks right now. First off, I'm literally obsessed with their secondary. Browner is the Steve Smith of corners and Sherman is the most underrated corner in the league, with a bit of Steve in him as well. Their safeties make ours look like pee-wee players.

Second, and this defies logic as I am a Tarheel, I love Russel Wilson. How can you not like this guy? Wasn't highly regarded (people thought we were going to draft him in the fifth or so), came in and flat out beat highly touted Flynn, has played a major role in Seahawk victories, and is as humble as they come. Don't care if he went to State, I'm a fan.

Third, they are playing the god damn falcons. Please god keep Matty Shyte in the 0 playoff wins column

fug am I excited to see the hawks whoops some ass, I'm a honorary 12 from here till the end of this season.

Lynch is one of the best runners in the league, the Falcons do not have a good run defense (21st in the league), how can you say that won't be a deciding factor?? You played us last year when we didn't have a QB at all, so all we did was run, now we developed the zone read (which Atlanta struggles with) and we are much, much better. Say what you will, but I think if Lynch can run effectively, that will decide the game.

Where is this BS about we struggle with the zone read coming from? Only Carolina ran it successfully enough for it to matter. We struggled vs Carolina cause Cam is a athletic monster.

I know he is. I'm saying i think it will be more on the line play and execution. Not him going Beast mode. I think he'll get his yards but not be a deciding factor. I did say to call it a hunch.

I haven't seen the falcons play this year because I'm watching the Hawks instead! Who else do you have as receivers? I'm of the thought that Julio is your main man?

Most Falcons fans feel White should have been in the pro bowl over Julio. Roddy is incredibly clutch and has the 2nd highest rated hands this year and had the most catches/targets for his career i believe. 92 for 1300 Roddy is still a force to be reckoned with. It's 1a 1b

Tony Gonzalez. This poses the biggest mismatch for the Hawks IMO. If they have one weakness in pass defense it's defending the TE and we've got a great one who almost had 1000 yards this year.

Jacquizz Rodgers (RB) they like to check down to. Really shifty. Doesn't have breakaway speed but he will make people miss in open space and break off a lot of 10-15 yarders on screens and dumpoffs that can drive defenses crazy.

Harry Douglas. He might be a punt returner as well this game which he has not been this season but most fans want him back there lol. They experimented a bit with it in week 17 and he's been back there when we really needed a return. very average route runner. Can do some stuff in space when he gets open and can burn you deep but is the 5th option behind RW, JJ, TG, and Jacquizz.

Jason Snelling. (RB) Just a versatile okay player to check down too.

While the Falcons run game has not been impressive it's been enough to get teams to bite on play action. We never abandon it. We are very successful running play action.

I forgot about Roddy...I see the Hawks switching up between Sherman and Browner on those two...and don't underestimate Earl Thomas either. Losing Clemons sucks, but Irvin has proved he can pick up the slack. After preparing for RG3 and the Washington running game and them running the play action...even though it didn't really last due to RG3 getting worse as the game went on, I think Seattle will be ready for your play action. I see the defense being the big difference here. Seattle D will probably score a touchdown on a pick 6. The difference maker in the game will be how well the falcon offence takes advantage of what I think is Seattle's biggest weakness...and you already touched on...the short dump off passes. The D is very aggressive and we are going to come after Ryan...if he can get enough time to dump it off, Atlanta will have some success there. If not...NO. I fully expect Lynch to have a huge game.

I forgot about Roddy...I see the Hawks switching up between Sherman and Browner on those two...and don't underestimate Earl Thomas either. Losing Clemons sucks, but Irvin has proved he can pick up the slack. After preparing for RG3 and the Washington running game and them running the play action...even though it didn't really last due to RG3 getting worse as the game went on, I think Seattle will be ready for your play action. I see the defense being the big difference here. Seattle D will probably score a touchdown on a pick 6. The difference maker in the game will be how well the falcon offence takes advantage of what I think is Seattle's biggest weakness...and you already touched on...the short dump off passes. The D is very aggressive and we are going to come after Ryan...if he can get enough time to dump it off, Atlanta will have some success there. If not...NO. I fully expect Lynch to have a huge game.

I'm honestly more concerned about your safeties. I think Browner can be had. Sherman will only be tried if he's beat. Don't think they'll try to test him too much. Which don't underestimate Roddy. He can run any route. Short intermediate deep. and run it well. The Falcons offense has sputtered more at home than on the road. Our defense is the one that plays stingy at home. 16 ppg but shut out the giants and made the Manning Bros and Brees look like scrubs. Maybe a pick. A pick 6 i don't think will happen. Falcons catch Julio on a screen while your LBs have their ears pinned back it could be bad news bears. Seattle hasn't faced a receiving corps like ours. We haven't faced a secondary like theirs. That's what's got me so hyped for the matchups. The individual matchups. Roddy White and Julio both excel against press and are physical tough WRs.

what the hell is going on with my posts!!! I can't use my enter button and the font changes every damn time

lol. I noticed that too. Clay Bennett probably got ahold of your computer.... bastard

I am starting to get worried. I have literally never felt so passionate about another team besides the Panthers as I do about the Hawks right now. First off, I'm literally obsessed with their secondary. Browner is the Steve Smith of corners and Sherman is the most underrated corner in the league, with a bit of Steve in him as well. Their safeties make ours look like pee-wee players.

Second, and this defies logic as I am a Tarheel, I love Russel Wilson. How can you not like this guy? Wasn't highly regarded (people thought we were going to draft him in the fifth or so), came in and flat out beat highly touted Flynn, has played a major role in Seahawk victories, and is as humble as they come. Don't care if he went to State, I'm a fan.

Third, they are playing the god damn falcons. Please god keep Matty Shyte in the 0 playoff wins column

fug am I excited to see the hawks whoops some ass, I'm a honorary 12 from here till the end of this season.

Welcome to the 12s! Hopefully its a long ride till it's over for you! ;)

Archived