• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Mock w/ comp picks

Dash Global

That's the only thing you saw because those are his only knocks right now, and those are still negatives.

I would take him in the second but no way in hell with our top 15 pick.

If you're drafting an offensive linemen, you draft a guy who is proven and has played the position a while. You don't draft based on potential.

I am not sure id call them knocks when they dont affect his play or show up on tape.

In Johnson's case it is a plus / positive that he is raw and new to the LT position as he did very well there and held his own against some of the top pas rushers in the NCAA last season.

Obviously you would want I guy that has produced at said position for awhile but you cant always get that. He produced when given the chance and that is all you can ask for.

i wouldn't mind this (although i don't know much about lane johnson) and i don't think it would be a terrible thing to wait to get a big NT in the 4th because after Williams there isn't much in the NT class worth the value honestly. Overall its not bad and watching arkansas a lot i know that cobi hamilton could be a steal but i really like the bottom half of the draft just by the way.

Dislike? The first 5 picks could all EASILY start next year. Thats not even mentioning a great K. and 1st Team Big10 LB late.

Was my last before I learned about the comp picks.

Only the uniformed will dislike Johnson (like I was prior to making this). If you read up on him and watch some tape no way you wouldnt like him mid - late first.

He completely shut down Moore from A&M, arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. Physical, athletic, quick feet.

Take him all day

if you have us drafting Lane Johnson do you have us cutting Gross as a cap casualty.

I am not sure id call them knocks when they dont affect his play or show up on tape.

In Johnson's case it is a plus / positive that he is raw and new to the LT position as he did very well there and held his own against some of the top pas rushers in the NCAA last season.

Obviously you would want I guy that has produced at said position for awhile but you cant always get that. He produced when given the chance and that is all you can ask for.

Knocks are knocks dude, there's a reason he was only an honorable mention in the big 12. He just doesn't standout like the other tackles in the first, and I do not want my new LT to be raw or just trying out LT for the second time, and only his second year already facing the best in the NFL.

Him having a good game against Moore is the only positive right now besides 'potential'.

Knocks are knocks dude, there's a reason he was only an honorable mention in the big 12. He just doesn't standout like the other tackles in the first, and I do not want my new LT to be raw or just trying out LT for the second time, and only his second year already facing the best in the NFL.

Him having a good game against Moore is the only positive right now besides 'potential'.

Stands out perfectly fine to me.

Great measurables

Quick

Physical

Great tape

It was not only Moore, he shut down the DE from Texas.

Not much more you can ask of a LT imo

He may not be a hot name now but after the combine and ppl start to look harder at prospects he will rise. Prob wont even go past the mid 1st round.

How does he look unspectacular to you?

Great measurables for a OT (6'6 very long arms ect)

Physical at the point of attack (played RT last year)

He is super athletic and coordinated (played QB TE DE & OL)

Moves well and has quick feet (going off the vid I posted and watched)

This dude wasnt even on my radar but after looking at OT prospects he jumped out to me. Right now he is a 1-2 round grade, after the combine and ppl re-watching that A&M game where he made Moore his puta he will easily be drafted in the 1st as the 3rd best OT.

Actually watching him play is where he looks unspectacular to me. I see a solid college offensive lineman who had a good game against a good player, but not that much more. Similar to Eric Fisher, he often keeps him man from making the play, but not by that much. When you consider the talent jump at the pro level, he may no longer be able to keep his man from making the player. He's not a bad prospect all, just not special, which is something I'd want if I'm going offensive tackle that early.

Actually watching him play is where he looks unspectacular to me. I see a solid college offensive lineman who had a good game against a good player, but not that much more. Similar to Eric Fisher, he often keeps him man from making the play, but not by that much. When you consider the talent jump at the pro level, he may no longer be able to keep his man from making the player. He's not a bad prospect all, just not special, which is something I'd want if I'm going offensive tackle that early.

Guess we see two diff things.

I see a guy that is highly athletic and coordinated (played QB, TE, DE, and OT)

I see a guy that is physical

I see a guy with great measurables (6'6 305 long arms)

I see a guy that has quick feet and moves well

I see a guy that has done great with minimal time learning a new position.

To sum it up I see a very nice prospect with the chance to be elite.

He will be gone after the midway point through the first round. Which is where after a trade down id like to draft him.

More value taking Johnson first and paring him with Warford than taking Warmak and pairing him with anyother OT imo

yea not a fan of the #1 but still a pretty good mock that you obviously put some thought into. Much better than just copying and pasting what Mel Kiper says like some posters in the draft forum.

One thing to note is that if BWood thinks it's an awful mock, it's probably good thing.

Keep up the good work!

So you draft a player at number 14 that wouldn't be there if the better players had stayed in the draft?

Not to mention you draft a player to protect the franchise who hasn't been at that position long?

Yeah I have to agree with Bwood this is a bad draft.

You miss the part about trading down? smh

First 5 picks could all easily start for us next year and be upgrades.... yea bad draft lol

Archived