• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 13: Carolina Hurricanes (7-4-1) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (8-5-0) (Michal Jordan called up)

CarolinaPanthers8789

Semin wont be dealt. Why that was even a thought is baffling. He has transformed our first line into a juggernaut.

JR said from the beginning that Semin is a short-term acquisition. People are just holding on to that.

Now, his performance has been pretty spectacular thus far. And while I think he will settle down and become even better, there is a chance his value will rise enough to entice owners to make decent offers that JR will look at.

I would love to wake up tomorrow and see that Semin had signed an extension. But it's kind of tricky since where a budget team. Does putting more money towards Semin mean that we cant go after a guy like Marc Staal a few years down the line?

I would love to wake up tomorrow and see that Semin had signed an extension. But it's kind of tricky since where a budget team. Does putting more money towards Semin mean that we cant go after a guy like Marc Staal a few years down the line?

Arguably, the best top line in hockey right now,

Or hoarding aal the Staal's?

You're right though, lets just hold out hope for Marc when his contract is up. While were at it lets sign the sister and the dad too we can even change our names to the Carolina Hurristaals.

Or, we could, you know, lock up two allstar to lines, spend all the ammo we can to find some defense now, and have a team that can compete year in and year out.

And I'm tired of hearing about Semin having motivation issues, look at Washington, that whole team has motivation issues. He was right for wanting out and now he's in prime position to get rewarded handsomely for it.

Arguably, the best top line in hockey right now,

Or hoarding aal the Staal's?

You're right though, lets just hold out hope for Marc when his contract is up. While were at it lets sign the sister and the dad too we can even change our names to the Carolina Hurristaals.

Or, we could, you know, lock up two allstar to lines, spend all the ammo we can to find some defense now, and have a team that can compete year in and year out.

And I'm tired of hearing about Semin having motivation issues, look at Washington, that whole team has motivation issues. He was right for wanting out and now he's in prime position to get rewarded handsomely for it.

While Semin's motivation issues are exaggerated, I don't know of anyone who follows hockey who wouldn't say he needs improvement there. He's also playing for a contract, so I'm sure he's a little more motivated right now. What happens when he gets his money?

Archived