• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eifert vs Austin

CanadianCat

Assuming that you’re the GM and you don’t like the boom bust potential of DT’s and you’re not enthralled with anyone else you decide to take an offensive play maker.

Who would you take? Austin or Eifert (I'm ruling out Patterson) Both players have identical draft grades (all according to ESPN) and are rated one after the other in term of top players.

Case for Austin.

The most pro ready WR and arguably the biggest play maker in college this year, a potential clone of SS and we know what he can do. Can play both offensive and special teams.

Case for Eifert.

People have a lot of concern over Patterson. Austin is the top WR on most guys draft boards, but the knock against him is that he is small and more of a slot position. Eifert is the ‘safest’ pick in the first 2 rounds for the value (per ESPN guys). Teaming him up with Olsen provides a dual threat at that position but also that it allows an extra blocker. Look at how the Pats play both Gronk and Hernandez. Adding Eifert should also help with line protection which would help alleviate part of that problem.

Personally I would be very excited about both players. However I think that Eifert could provide the most immediate value as he can provide in both the passing and running game.

Quit it man. Do you read some of this thing you post up? It could easily me worst post/thread of all time

Show me a thread I've made that's dumber than wanting to draft a right end with our first pick.

If you think that's a good idea than I can't talk to you lol.

It's just not a need. We've got one tight end, a fullback, and two running backs that are all above average. Then we've got one good receiver, one decent receiver, and not much else. You're looking at serious diminishing returns at these positions in the offense. A receiver of lineman would be more valuable with this group of players.

Archived