• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3/25/2013 Carolina Hurricanes Practice

So obviously we don't have practice threads, but since it has been nearly a week without Hurricanes hockey; I figured I would make a thread to keep everyone in the loop of what's going on.

First things first... everyone knows that Zach Boychuk is back with the Hurricanes organization after a struggle at the NHL level with Pittsburgh and Nashville. Well in Zach's first game back with Charlotte, he potted a goal in the Checkers 4-2 win; so congrats to Zach on that.

Secondly, Riley Nash was reassigned to Charlotte during the break and while in Charlotte he recorded two goals and an assists. Nash has since been recalled by the Hurricanes. Welcome back Riley.

Now for practice...

Jorge Alves was the backup goalie for practice (I believe Alves played at NCSU), but Muller said they will recall John Muse tomorrow to back up Peters.

Today the Canes got a familiar face back in the line-up in Chad LaRose and on top of that Muller started putting some new line combos out there.

Here is what the Canes looked like in practice...

Forwards

Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin

Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Chad LaRose

Tuomo Ruutu - Riley Nash - Patrick Dwyer

Drayson Bowman - Jussi Jokinen - TIm Wallace

Kevin Westgarth - Tim Brent - Adam Hall

Defense

Tim Gleason - Joe Corvo

Joni Pitkanen - Jamie McBain

Jay Harrison - Brett Bellemore

Goalies

Justin Peters

Jorge Alves (Will be replaced by John Muse)

PP1

Eric Staal - Jordan Staal - Alexander Semin

Jeff Skinner Joni Pitkanen

PP2

Chad LaRose - Riley Nash - Jiri Tlusty

Tim Brent Jamie McBain/Joe Corvo

Out: Cam Ward (knee), Dan Ellis (leg) Justin Faulk (knee), Bobby Sanguintti (lower body)

GO CANES!!!

Archived