• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

JawnyBlaze

Leverage is based on if your willing to cut a player or not. Dwill,Gross, and Kalil all had what you are calling leverage yet took pay cuts because they want to play. Anderson and Gamble on the other hand did not, but guess what, Gamble is still getting paid. Oh and guess what we are still paying Jake Delhomme for being a QB.

1.) Kalil restructured to help the team out by taking a pay raise converting this years 4M in salary to a 5M bonus that's spread over years of his contract. Not sure why you brought him up -- but ok.

2.) About 2 months ago, Person posted what everyone else saw with the Panther's numbers -- the ability to cut DWIll and Gross. He even out right said Gross could be cut, and DWill would be a June 1st cut. Gross 2013 numbers prior to restructure: 8.7M with 5M dead money - saves 3.7M if cut. Where is Gross's leverage? And if he had leverage, why is he taking a paycut? DWill's numbers were so that he was able to be cut with a June 1 designation. Anderson's numbers saved 200k & Gamble was going to count 10.75M against the cap, so we freed up 7.75M by cutting him.

3.) Delhomme has no more dead money against our cap, so what are you talking about?

I just don't see your point. The numbers are all there, you just have to look at them

Here: www.spotrac.com

you know, I remember reading that Beason stated he did not want to give up mid-linman position to Luke...that coupled with this and I say just cut him ...we can always use cap dollars...maybe even bring back Applewhite and DAMNIT MAN I wish like hell we could pry Travon A. from the RAMS

Archived