• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anybody have any experience as a journalist?

TheRumGone

So I completed my Vice application with the cover letter and resume and I wanted to also send in an article with it. I contacted a guy i know who was heavily into graffiti up north as well as in SC. I wanted to do a piece on southern graffiti. This is a really interesting guy who has been interviewed for magazines in Europe and has done some really amazing work that he has shown me. He loaned me a documentary to kind of get acclimated to it. I've had brief conversations with him about it, and it really is an interesting sub-culture.

My mother was a journalist for 10 years in the Bay Area and has given me some pointers, but the plan so far is to go to a tag site and then have an interview afterwards. I'm not sure if he is still up for tagging at the spot, so i'll have to see. But he has also given me some contacts in the Asheville area, to show me some of the work his "crew" has done some years ago.  I really want to write an in depth piece but at the same time not incriminate anybody.  If anybody has seen the Banksy doc you will understand.  A lot of this stuff is intertwined with hip-hop music and skateboarding.

I'm planning on sending out a bunch of resumes to different companies with this article so any advice anybody could give would be awesome. 

Archived