• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should we target in FA?

YOLO!

not a bad zone D, right?

they all need to keep working to improve, but this lineup in a few years as vets could be be pretty damn good.

You know... I have been waiting patiently for all the srubs on our team to be slowly replaced by lottery picks for the past several years.  Ever since we dumped Gerald Wallace, Stack Jack, Felton, & Chandler...

Waiting for it to finally pay off.  I realize we're extremely young... but I am very excited about the young talent we're amassing.  I think we need one veteran big-name FA to come in and teach these kids (because they ARE kids...) how to win.  How to EXPECT to win.  Good things are coming...

here's a wet dream

what if cp3 and howard decide they do want to come to charlotte after we dump TT's contract

tt is soooooo close to being an actual commodity (next year) that i dunno whether to dump his sorry ass or not

Doc Rivers means CP3 is staying

The Mavs look like the favorite for Howard

Thomas keeps salary on the books so we don't have to sign an unecessary player.

It's clear, the goal is to suck one more year.

WHAT ABOUT THIS GUY?

AndrewBynum1_zps25c1c0d0.jpg

Yea, yea, he had a season ending injury not long ago and didnt play a single minute for the Sixers, but it is said that he is done with rehab and set to begin workouts. With the Sixers trading for Nerlens Noel, it is believed that they're going to let Bynum walk in free agency. If we want to chase after a Dwight Howard (not happening) or go sign Greg Oden, we mind as we take a hard look at Andrew Bynum. When healthy, he was the 2nd best Center in the entire league. Bynum is still only 25 years of age. Of course we want to taste the Andrew Wiggins Sweepstake or at least a Top5 pick in next year draft, but potentially even with Bynum we still could do just that. We have two coaches in Clifford and Ewing who had great success working with guys like Howard. Pairing Bynum with our 2013 no4 pick in Cody Zeller would give us a "BIG" nasty front court similar to the Lakers (Bynum/Gasol). I would not mind the idea at all. If we want to break the bank on someone, make it Bynum.

Imagine 2014:

PG: Kemba

SG: Andrew Wiggins / Jabari Parker / Marcus Smart
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor
PF: Cody Zeller
C  : Andrew Bynum / Biz

That's a no.4-no.5 seed in the East.

You don't want J.R. Smith but you want Bynum?

Totally different scenario. Bynum plays a position that we're lacking even with the addition of Cody. With the Q/O to Hendo, I dont see why we would want to target JR. JR probably wouldnt want to come here, unlike Bynum. Bynum's interests are lower than JR right now. With a good enough price, he'd want to come here. If we want to be competitive for the future, we add a guy like Bynum and pray to God he comes back healthy, not adding JR.

Which do you rather have:

Scenario I

Scenario II

SG: J.R. Smith / Andrew Wiggins / Jabari Parker / Marcus Smart

C  : Biz

Totally different scenario. Bynum plays a position that we're lacking even with the addition of Cody. With the Q/O to Hendo, I dont see why we would want to target JR. JR probably wouldnt want to come here, unlike Bynum. Bynum's interests are lower than JR right now. With a good enough price, he'd want to come here. If we want to be competitive for the future, we add a guy like Bynum and pray to God he comes back healthy, not adding JR.

Which do you rather have:

Scenario I

Scenario II

SG: J.R. Smith / Andrew Wiggins / Jabari Parker / Marcus Smart

C  : Biz

You said you don't want Smith before the QO...

Bynum has more concerns than Smith... the big one being that he doesn't give 100%... like when he was caught dancing after sitting out the entire season.

You said you don't want Smith before the QO...

Bynum has more concerns than Smith... the big one being that he doesn't give 100%... like when he was caught dancing after sitting out the entire season.

Smith is a headcase and I'm afraid he'd single handily win a couple games for us. Bynum on the other hand could still make us bad enough for a top5 pick bc no one really know his timetable coming back. JR is a good player but not a good building block.

I'd love to see if Cho and MJ will try and make a move for Pekovic. He's a RFA, but it doesn't hurt to throw a max contract at him.

Minny got Gorgui Dieng from the last night trade with the Jazz. He's a back up plan if Pek somehow leaves.

I'm not sure how positive it'd be for Minny to match a max offer for Pekovic. Their hands are kinda tied bc Rubio is looking for a new deal.

Pekovic and Zeller would make a very good young front court.

Archived