• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Top 25 Players in 2013

MasterAwesome

I'd consider Hardy a lock for this list as well. Like someone else mentioned (and myself), if DaQuan Bowers is on the list at 25 and Hardy was left off, then this guy is the biggest Tampa Bay homer on this side of the Mississippi. I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy is above Charles Johnson either, considering he's only 24 and just had his breakout year...who knows how dominant he can be next season! Don't get me wrong, CJ is pretty dominant on a consistent basis, but Hardy has more upside and has experienced somewhat of an exponential growth. They played at a comparable level last year and this list is for next season, so I think Hardy takes that next step to ELITE status!

We continue my NFC South Top 25 with No. 14:

Charles Johnson, defensive end, Panthers

What he did in 2012: Johnson had 41 tackles, 12.5 sacks and seven forced fumbles.

Why he’s No. 14 in 2013: Johnson has made Carolina fans forget all about Julius Peppers. He’s become one of the game’s most consistent pass rushers and it doesn’t hurt that he has Greg Hardy, who also reached double-digit sacks last year, on the other side. They form the most dynamic pass-rushing duo in the division and they’re about to get some help. The Panthers used their first two draft picks on defensive tackles Star Lotulelei and Kawaan Short. Their arrival means offensive lines have to pay more attention to the interior. That’s only going to make Johnson and Hardy more dangerous on the outside.

I bet Yas leaves Hardy off the list.  Unless he thinks that Hardy will have a bigger year than Johnson...

Archived