• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elias Lindholm Signs Entry-Level Contract

Link: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678001&navid=DL|CAR|home

Just a day after arriving in Raleigh, Elias Lindholm has signed his first NHL contract.

The Swedish forward, selected by the Carolina Hurricanes fifth overall in the 2013 NHL Draft, inked a three-year, entry-level contract on Monday. Lindholm will receive $832,500 at the NHL level or $70,000 at the AHL level in all three years, in addition to a $277,500 signing bonus.

“I dream about playing in the NHL, and this is a step in the right way,” Lindholm said. “It was a dream come true to sign the contract. Now I have to prove that I deserve that contract.”

Elias Lindholm on Playing With The Canes

“I want to play my game. If I play my game, hopefully I can play in the NHL,” he said. “I want to improve my strength, skating and shot.”

“It’s far away back to my mom and dad,” Lindholm said. “I lived with them during the season, but after the season, I was living in my own apartment. I think that was good for me to take care of myself.”

“It’s hot. There are great golf courses. I’m playing golf, and hopefully I can bring some friends soon and play some golf,” he said. “I’ve heard only good things.”

Lindholm On Playing In The NHL This Season

“I think I’m ready,” he said.

Jim Rutherford has stated at least a dozen times that Lindholm will play in the NHL this year, and for the first time Lindholm expressed his desire to join the Hurricanes this season.

As far as where Elias Lindholm will fit in, Rutherford stated that it is Muller's desire to balance the lines and that Lindholm could possibly start with Skinner as a line-mate. Whether that be with Lindholm and Skinner on Jordan Staal's wings or Skinner lining up on Lindholm's wing on the third line is still to be determined.

Archived