• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My First Carolina Experience

Lilsmitty09

Now onto Sunday...Saw very little tailgating, although it's expected since BOA doesn't have a parking lot like many others do. However, the stadium and outside of it was awesome for me...never have seen so many Panther fans in one place at a time...unreal...here is a view from my seats (sec. 101), not bad at all!

1378428_10151644221216389_1339809513_n_z

Before the game I also had to go meet one of the biggest fans I know, Catman!

1378742_10151644221711389_1150323395_n_z

One of the coolest things I have ever seen were the player intros...Hardy is a freak of nature, while Keek is so calm and cool...

1394783_10151644222286389_1055062694_n_z

Kickoff started, and the very first play as well know...had not only me shaking in my seat from the adrenaline, but the ENTIRE STADIUM ROCKING....was the coolest thing I had ever seen...

However, I feel as if after that, the stadium wasn't very loud again..I found myself being the only one standing on 3rd downs for our D, even on the 4th and 1 for the rams on the goaline...a little disappointing, however this team hasn't earned much from the fans after the past few years...Here is a picture of me being the only one celebrating a sack on 3rd down (top left, blue jersey)...1390547_10151647778911389_21144844_n_zps

As you can see, many were sitting and hardly clapping while I'm going nucking futs...Maybe I just over react on a 3rd down sack, or maybe the fans in my section just don't care as much...who knows.

Regardless it was one of the most awesome experiences of my life..Got flipped off by chris long and read his lips saying explicit language...all while watching Zod creep on him from behind with a grin (laughed out loud when I saw that)...

1380445_10151644222396389_324937989_n_zp

I was one of the first ones in the stadium, and literally the last one out..Didn't wanna leave. But I learned a few things from this trip..

1 - Carolina is one of the most beautiful and classy places I have ever seen. People were great here! Coming back to Washington and only been home a day and it's like Hell compared to Heaven.

2 - The further East you go, the better the food is. I'm glad I don't live there ONLY because I would do nothing but eat and become obese. It is so good there!

3 - The weather is great...got sunburnt on my right side after the game (neck, arm and face was red because sun was on the right of me lol). Even when it rained on Thursday, it was a warm rain rather than the freezing one here in the north west.

4 - The Panthers have changed...not just cause I went to a game, no, you could feel something different. Rivera actually talks and shows emotion now, to begin with. It's a new year and I believe good things will come from it. Superbowl? Probably not...but Playoffs? I'm thinking so!

All in all it was an overall great trip. Thanks to those who read, and just know that I envy everyone of you who live here. It is truly beautiful! Now let's go to Tampon Bay, beat the yucs and leave without getting a virus.

On a side note...while I was away, I volunteer coaching a tackle team of 6th graders...they won their playoff game to move to 8-0 on the year and now we play in the championship this next Tuesday night...got us some panther colored jerseys and now my all time coaching record is an undefeated 13-0...in which I wear this Panthers polo to every game...maybe I should wear this on Sundays? Keep Pounding!

1375039_10151635426301389_801699134_n_zp

On a completely different note, where in Washington do you live?  It might be kinda cool for you and I to do a joint Youtube video sometime, in person...

I suppose the smartest thing to do is fly from all the hell the way out here, but I kinda want to drive it just for the experience. This is saying of course I have a motor vehicle by then. My 1955 Schwinn may kinda not make it all the way to Charlotte from Nowhere, Montana, for some bizarre reason.

With that said, I am insanely jealous and more and more and more I'm getting the urge to go to a BOA game next year if I can at all make it. Like you, it would be my first visit, and like SCP, I probably shouldn't go unless I'm surrounded by armed guards if the Saints or Cowboys are playing us because I'm probably going to spark a riot.

I suppose it's good I wasn't there Sunday. I was getting pretty pissed, and I'm the quiet little bookworm sumbitch you never hear yell unless my inner Satan's awoken.

that drive is painful, man. once you're past the tourist spots insouth dakota, there is literally nothing for a day or more.

New Mexico is the same way.  The road will HIP-NO-TIZE you.  Fly son, fly.

The only thing against flying is I don't take it well.  I've only done it once and according to word of mouth I basically looked like a squirrel about to poo from stress.  It's probably the best option since I haven't driven in years, but that's kinda why I want to drive, really...the challenge.

I've driven from NC to Iowa, stopped in St. Louis though. Got fam there.

Also did NC to Louisiana to pick up my brother. That is a terrible drive.

Shalom brah.

Grandmother had breast cancer and made that trip every weekend for 38 weeks before she died.  That is a miserable stretch of road even if I were driving to pick up lottery earnings.

The only thing against flying is I don't take it well.  I've only done it once and according to word of mouth I basically looked like a squirrel about to poo from stress.  It's probably the best option since I haven't driven in years, but that's kinda why I want to drive, really...the challenge.

Or you could drink heavily before.  Not my decision morally or otherwise but flying is like sleeping.  If you fear it, you ain't doing it right.

Or you could drink heavily before.  Not my decision morally or otherwise but flying is like sleeping.  If you fear it, you ain't doing it right.

Really, if I could find the right job, I want to end up in NC.  Not sure what the best fit for me would be there, but it'd be awesome to actually go to BOA multiple times in a season.  I think going a few times before making that decision is wise, and then hoping to try to get work that way.  That, and I simply have to meet #89 before he retires.

Archived