• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

I don't think anyone is saying that mcderm and parker have the same potential as a prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Exactly I would trade every thing we got to him. He's superior talent. But I was just pointing out his flaws on defense too since ghats the key part of why people don't want McDermott.

I don't think anyone is saying that mcderm and parker have the same potential as a prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

You don't have to think it for it to be exactly what he said. It's one thing to say that McDermott and Parker are both bad defenders. "But it's ok for Parker to be that bad on defenses when he's that good but not McDermott" means McDermott is as good as Parker.

If you don't want it to mean that then remove the word "that" from the sentence, but you'll still be too close for most scouts to accept, since Parker and McDermott aren't even in the same stratosphere as prospects.

Grammar 101. 

You don't have to think it for it to be exactly what he said. It's one thing to say that McDermott and Parker are both bad defenders. "But it's ok for Parker to be that bad on defenses when he's that good but not McDermott" means McDermott is as good as Parker.

If you don't want it to mean that then remove the word "that" from the sentence, but you'll still be too close for most scouts to accept, since Parker and McDermott aren't even in the same stratosphere as prospects.

Grammar 101.

Ok? Cool like I said.....

Man on man. U really don't get it. Nobody is comparing them individually. Are u telling me McDermott was not very productive offensively. And Jabari was not very productive offensively.

They were. That's the only comparison being made. Yes Parker is better and has more potential and will be better in the nba. Like I so as tho it's ok to be good offensively and terrible defensively if your Parker, but not McDermott.

And ok yeah there's been a lot of good players on college who didn't translate. Tyler hansbro being one. But I guReantee McDermott will be a helluva lot better than a energy hustle kinda guy like hansbro. To even make that statement is dumb. Btw Tyler is a very good role player coming off the bench. Nobody expected him to be a star so ok?

I get everything that you're saying, and I'm saying it's apples and oranges. Comparing Doug McDermott in any way to Jabari Parker as "good" NBA prospects is ridiculous. There's a reason people are willing to trade half of their team to move up to draft Parker instead of McDermott.

Parker has to potential to be a superstar, and really good on both ends of the court. It doesn't matter if he wasn't a good "defender" in college. No one looking at him sees anything that prevents him from becoming one. McDermott is a "shooter," something you can find anywhere, and he's too weak to be a PF and too slow to be a good SF. He can't defend either position in the NBA, and he won't get many open shots in the NBA because he won't be able to get any separation.

It is what it is. 

cool you will be at home and I'm chilling with a future Hornets player

I knew PJ when he was at Dudley HS for his sophomore and junior year.

Are you going to tell him about your new tanking plan for the Hornets.

I get everything that you're saying, and I'm saying it's apples and oranges. Comparing Doug McDermott in any way to Jabari Parker is ridiculous. There's a reason people are willing to trade half of their team to move up to draft Parker instead of McDermott.

Parker has to potential to be a superstar, and really good on both ends of the court. It doesn't matter if he wasn't a good "defender" in college. No one looking at him sees anything that prevents him from becoming one. McDermott is a "shooter," something you can find anywhere, and he's too weak to be a PF and too slow to be a good SF. He can't defend either position in the NBA, and he won't get many open shots in the NBA because he won't be able to get any separation.

It is what it is.

So Parker has the chance to get better defensively but McDermott dosent. Ahhh I see. Ok we'll in that case yeah your totally right. McDermott is maxed out and will never get any better. He played his prime ball in college.

I get what your doing. That word potential your using goes both ways. And although Parker is the superior prospect. It dosent mean either one of these guys can't get better.

Your minds set in stone, your not open minded. Your like a 90 year old man set in his ways and you only want it your way. If not then everyone else is wrong and your right.

I'm not declaring anything about McDermott Being a star. Just pointed out both flaws defensively and how people use and say want they want to make their cases and points for who they want.

Wow this is a blessing. I got invited to PJ Harrisiton's draft party. Yall gone see me on ESPN

Tell him to strongarm his way into a Hornets uni.  If we're too stupid to not make him a priority than he needs to reinforce the point.

Oh hey god. I'm so glad I've found u. Please tell more things that u know that us silly humans can't fathom.

You don't have to agree with what I said, but don't expect me to keep saying it like your posts are saying anything different than the ones I've already replied to. 

I find this interesting. What if Clifford gets his guy Jemeer Nelson from Orlando, then drafts a guy like Peyton or Ennis to learn from Nelson.

What kind of player or pick could we get for Kemba?

Kemba wont probably net us a trade like Jrue Holiday where the 76ers landed Noel (no6), 2014 no10, 2nd round, and player. But, I think that we could get a 2014 1st round ( Chicago, Toronto, Memphis, Houston, Miami, Phoenix ).

Like I said earlier, NYK is looking to trade Shumpert for a late pick. I would straight up trade Kemba for Shumpert.

Archived