• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nirvana MTV Unplugged 20 years later.

Darth Biscuit

I'm not telling you what to like at all. I'm just saying if you don't you're an idiot. That's up to you.

The fact that you think Nirvana and Pearl Jam are in the same "genre" says a lot already.

*deleted post*

taking high road over douchebag hipster who was probably 10 or 11 when Nirvana and Pearl Jam were fresh on the scene.

never did get it, always thought he was a wannabe, and dying at 27 proved it.

Personally, I thought he was brilliant.  Not that he was a great musician or anything, he really wasn't...but he was a great writer.  I mean the mere fact that Nirvana pretty much pushed out the hair band era and ushered in the grunge era should count for something.  I remember growing up listening to poo like Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc. etc. and thinking this sound will be around forever...then I heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and knew it was over.  I still like/love 80's music, probably more than the 90's but Nirvana was one of those bands that changes history.  Not as drastically as a band like The Beatles, but as close as you can get.

Archived