• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corvey Irvin...

monstercat

i know i was asking..how did he play in the game

LOL, my bad. I obviously misread your post. He was decent, I guess. To tell you the truth, it was kind of hard to judge either Irvin or Kershaw from that game, because they were both kind of being sacrificed so that other players could make the tackles, which usually meant that they both sort of got lost in the wash most of the time. Besides that, I have a hard time seeing the numbers on TV, so half the time, I couldn't even tell if either of them were in the game unless they showed the replay.

The bottom line, is that Irvin did actually stand out on a couple of plays, but Kershaw really never did, or at least not that I could see.

My question is, do you think 3 years from now he will be able to get 24 QB pressures in the against NFL talent?

who knows?but 24 QB pressures in the SEC is not bad at all..from what i have seen of him he is fast but weak..and he looks like he can get bigger.

who knows?but 24 QB pressures in the SEC is not bad at all..from what i have seen of him he is fast but weak..and he looks like he can get bigger.

I gotta disagree about Irvin being weak. I've seen him take on double teams a few times, including against that big Alabama O-line, and he held his ground pretty darn well considering how much weight he's giving up to both linemen. In fact, a couple of those times he even moved them back a little. Of course, he didn't make the tackle on any of those occasions either, but that's not always a DT's job.

The problem is that he's not doing that consistently, which is fixable.

Archived