• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation Bloggers Draft

I think Lee has the same probability of busting as any other prospect. Frankly, any talented WR we draft early is walking into a great situation and should be successful to some degree. Cam as a QB, plenty of opportunity, and DG will absolutely make the OL a strength over the next one to two years. It's in his DNA.

We clearly have different rankings on WR prospects which is to be expected. Personally, I rank them as follows: Watkins, Evans, OBJ and Lee (tied), Cooks and Matthews (tied). Those are the only guys I would draft in the first round. But it's all subjective and I'm certainly no scout or NFL coach. Just a guy with an opinion.

And I'm with you on needing O line help. I think OT is our most likely pick in the first. I worry that we won't get a potential #1 receiver at pick 60 but the same can be said for tackle. I'm hoping we can somehow get two picks in the top 45 and address LT and WR. Maybe Moses and Matthews - that would be ideal.

I completely agree with everything you have stated.  I just shrivel at the thought of Bell protecting Cams blind side.  I also wouldn't mind Mr. Hurst in the 3rd, my homer pick but whatever.    

I completely agree with everything you have stated. I just shrivel at the thought of Bell protecting Cams blind side. I also wouldn't mind Mr. Hurst in the 3rd, my homer pick but whatever.

Hurst is going to be a player. Would love to draft him 3rd round. If we end up going Moses in the first Hurst just makes a ton of sense. Maybe you go Moses/Bell for a year until Hurst is fully healthy and the slide Moses to RT (where he projects better according to some) and let Hurst handle LT. Or maybe Hurst is a G long term - either way, both guys are versatile and give you tons of flexibility going forward.

Hurst is going to be a player. Would love to draft him 3rd round. If we end up going Moses in the first Hurst just makes a ton of sense. Maybe you go Moses/Bell for a year until Hurst is fully healthy and the slide Moses to RT (where he projects better according to some) and let Hurst handle LT. Or maybe Hurst is a G long term - either way, both guys are versatile and give you tons of flexibility going forward.

Yeah, I think we have to draft OL heavy this draft.  With a few WR's.    

Archived