Smitty was such a freak

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 KushMcDieselson

KushMcDieselson

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

I never questioned whether or not he was a real Panthers fan. He's made it very clear that he is since his OP. Just because you would like to infer that I was taking a shot at his "fandom" doesn't mean you're right. I have no doubt that he's a Panthers fan. I've only disagreed with cheering for another team, regardless of which ex-Panthers play for them. And I still disagree with it.

I'm only "inferring" what anyone that's not you and has sound reading comprehension would assume. At no point did you make the distinction between questioning his loyalty and disagreeing with cheering for another team, while using statements that questioned his loyalty to show that you disagree with the practice.

Not being pissed is not the same as cheering for the Ravens to win. It's basically just another way of saying you're also indifferent.

You keep changing your stance. First it was "I'm rooting for Baltimore", then it was "I'll check the scoreboard and be happy if they won", the it was "rooting for them in the SB if the Panthers are eliminated". Figure it out already....

So my loyalty to my team over any player makes you question whether or not I'm a real fan? Keep going with that thought... That makes tons of sense.

Are you going to buy a jersey for your "second favorite team"?

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#52 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

I agree with the OP;  when a player leaves of THAT magnitude no way can I view them as "just another player".  I want Steve to do well, very well. With that, that means that I would essentially want the Ravens to do well IF ONLY to see Steve go far. I hope that we can meet them in the Super Bowl and smash their dreams. However, I hate the Ravens as any other team. I just refuse to let the fact that we released him for reasons I still don't agree with, deter me from all of the times I said "Smith deserves the best." Now....he just deserves the second best.

As you all have stated Panthers fan first, but there is an attachment that you gain after seeing these players grow along with yourself.  Any true fan can't deny that.

#53 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

If the Ravens win the Superbowl Steve Smith won't be MVP. He's not even their #1 reciever. It's not 2005 anymore, he's on his way out of the leauge. He'll be a role player at best in Baltimore.

So, what is your point then?

I was responding to the OP, who hopes that Smith will be the Superbowl MVP. I doubt that will happen. It doesn't mean I'm leading an anti-Smith "brigade" as you put it.

Your first comment was what I was refering to. Totally negative comment. I said as much. Not sure what you are defending? Because it sure sounds like you are leading the charge to me. I may be wrong, but when it is the opposite of positive, I take it to be negative.

But hey, if that is just how you talk, and it was not meant as a snarky dig at Smitty, then by all means. Accept my apology.

#54 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Steve's a lock for HOF if he gets in the top 10 in catches and yards. His playoff stats and averages all rank among the best of all time.

I'm not going to follow the Ravens, but would I be pissed if they won against anyone but us? No.

http://www.carolinah...ck-for-the-hof/

#55 setzer2030

setzer2030

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Even though I'm tired of the Smitty threads too, I guess I get more attached than a lot. It's hard for me to spend more than 12 years cheering for a guy and simply say he's now "just another guy." If you really believe Steve is just another guy, and in the same thread want to boast about how you're a "panthers first" fan, then you obviously have no appreciation for how many games the guy won for this team.

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Williams at most plays one more year here (this year). Then he will be a former Panther too. Yes, you can look back and say what a great year 2008 was and what a good Panther he was....

But present day, 89 for example, is just another dude I hope CJ, Luke, TD destroy.

The chances are; When DWill leaves he will no longer be a player in the NFL. So yeah, we will be looking back at his career.

The BIG difference is that Smitty is not done quite yet. So...some of us are still quite interested in how his career unfolds.

And please. Can you come up with something other than "Yup 2008, derp er derp" to discribe DWill? He really did have more than just that one good year. Even if you prefer not to see that fact.

#57 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm only "inferring" what anyone that's not you and has sound reading comprehension would assume. At no point did you make the distinction between questioning his loyalty and disagreeing with cheering for another team, while using statements that questioned his loyalty to show that you disagree with the practice.

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

People with sound reading comprehension don't have to assume. I'll keep it simple for you since this is obviously bothering you so much that you feel like you needed to jump in and be a competitor in what you have called the "biggest dick contest". 

1. I have no doubt that OP is a Panthers fan
  2. I can not, and will not ever cheer for any team other than the Panthers for ANY reason
  3. I don't agree with OP for cheering for the Ravens because of Smitty
  4. I have no personal issue with OP even though he called me high strung
  5. I am loyal to my team
  6. I consider people who only cheer for the Panthers real Panthers fans
  7. I think OP's pic from the Super Bowl is awesome
  8. I don't think I'm better than anyone for having a different opinion. It's just my opinion. 

Anything other than that will make an ass out of you for assuming. 

#58 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

To paraphrase Smitty....I will always be a Panther at heart. But I'm going to go away for a little while to Baltimore, so I'm a Raven right now. And when we play the Panthers you better bring your goggles. 

It's business for him. I couldn't agree more.

Smitty will always be my favorite Panther. But he's not a Panther at the moment, so he's part of the enemy. I don't cheer for the enemy under any circumstance. 

It's not personal.

#59 TN05

TN05

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationConover, North Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

http://www.carolinah...ck-for-the-hof/

Here's a more recent topic with stats I compiled:

http://www.carolinah...me-credentials/

#60 BettyBangzer

BettyBangzer

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour butt.
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

Your first comment was what I was refering to. Totally negative comment. I said as much. Not sure what you are defending? Because it sure sounds like you are leading the charge to me. I may be wrong, but when it is the opposite of positive, I take it to be negative.

But hey, if that is just how you talk, and it was not meant as a snarky dig at Smitty, then by all means. Accept my apology.

I don't see it as negative, it's just my opinion about his current abilities. "Steve Smith sucks and is going to perform like ass in Baltimore" is an example of a negative statement. Saying he's no longer the player he used to be, well, I think that's reality... but I know some disagree. It's an opinion, everyone has one.

Who knows, maybe he will be the Superbowl MVP. If that happens, good for him... but I still hate the Ravens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users