Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Saints top contender to field best defense in NFL this year!

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#31 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

Let's pack it up now to save us the embarrassment. 

I say we blow up the team now while we can still get some value out of our players.  If we trade everyone, we should have a good 55-60 picks in the 2015 draft.

#32 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,937 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

I say we blow up the team now while we can still get some value out of our players.  If we trade everyone, we should have a good 55-60 picks in the 2015 draft.

Now you're speaking my language. Would you like to blow things up in a traditional box with the T handle sticking out? Perhaps with the military style clacker? Or would you like to go with a style of shooting the explosives from several hundred yards away with a rifle?

#33 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

how is this different than any of your other predictions in the last two years

Should be as spot on as the rest. Let me refresh your memory:

Saints offense would still be ok without Payton since Carmichael designs most of the plays and consults Brees. Got that one

sCam wouldn't avoid the sophomore slump. Looks like he wasn't much better the following year either.

Ryan would help turn around defense and make them at least average. Way got that one.

Our DEs were going to have breakout seasons. I assume everyone knows who Junior Galette is this time,

#34 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,937 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

Saints offense would still be ok without Payton since Carmichael designs most of the plays and consults Brees. Got that one

sCam wouldn't avoid the sophomore slump. Looks like he wasn't much better the following year either.

Ryan would help turn around defense and make them at least average. Way got that one.

Our DEs were going to have breakout seasons. I assume everyone knows who Junior Galette is this time,

Our OLine called, which ankle did we break on Varcarro? They want to make sure to break the other one this season.

#35 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

Now you're speaking my language. Would you like to blow things up in a traditional box with the T handle sticking out? Perhaps with the military style clacker? Or would you like to go with a style of shooting the explosives from several hundred yards away with a rifle?

liquid oxygen

#36 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

Our OLine called, which ankle did we break on Varcarro? They want to make sure to break the other one this season.

You mean the injury that led to playing time for our terrible safety that allowed this in final 50 seconds:

1st and 10 at CAR 35 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass deep middle to T.Ginn pushed ob at NO 28 for 37 yards (R.Harper).
1st and 10 at NO 28 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete short middle to T.Ginn (T.Walker).
2nd and 10 at NO 28 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass short left to G.Olsen to NO 14 for 14 yards (M.Jenkins).
1st and 10 at NO 14 C.Newton spiked the ball to stop the clock.
2nd and 10 at NO 14 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass short left to D.Hixon for 14 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 13 16
G.Gano extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Jansen, Holder-B.Nortman.

Good for your team for getting that injury that helped them steal that game away. Luckily for us, we now have some of the best safeties in the league and dumped that trash safety Harper that should have been cut the previous year when he was graded as second worst safety in league. I feel bad for any team that picks him up. Celebrating injuries and wishing for more will bring you lots of good karma!

#37 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,068 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

dc2.gif

#38 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,068 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

9yygz.gif

Edited by Jangler, 01 July 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#39 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

Is a fan of the team that only has 3 wins against Saints since Brees and Payton arrived all while accomplishing just one playoff win talking smack? Heck, even The Golden Calf of Bristol has as much success as the $100+ million Matty Ice.

Haha- it's changing Tim_Tebow to that.

Good job that had no relevance to anything i said nor did you refute any points. So everything i said was right. Good job Alice. You seriously could not have chosen a stupider response.

Edited by Falcons1stPanthers2nd, 01 July 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#40 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,873 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

you never said any of that

#41 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,129 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

You said the Saints as a whole would be just as good without Payton because of those reasons. You were wrong on that, then you tried to go back on your logic by saying the following year that the Saints would be unstoppable with Payton back. Wrong again.

I'll ignore the second statement because the 24th ranked player as voted by his peers is just mediocre right?

You never ever predicted that last one.

Remember this?

"Hey guyz, Drew Brees gonna sign cap friendly deal with Saint next week because he loves New Orleans derp!"

Edited by TNPanther, 01 July 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#42 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Is a fan of the team that only has 3 wins against Saints since Brees and Payton arrived all while accomplishing just one playoff win talking smack? Heck, even The Golden Calf of Bristol has as much success as the $100+ million Matty Ice.

Haha- it's changing Tim_Tebow to that.

What the hell are you talking about? Carolina is 9-7 against Payton and Brees since 2006, or 7-7 if you want to play the 'Waah Payton was suspended' card. However, Carolina should also be able to play the 'Jimmy Clausen at QB was a Deangelo goal-line fumble and ridiculous cutback run away from beating the Saints' card as well.

http://www.footballd...tml?tm=20&opp=5

Edited by KSpan, 01 July 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#43 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

You said the Saints as a whole would be just as good without Payton because of those reasons. You were wrong on that, then you tried to go back on your logic by saying the following year that the Saints would be unstoppable with Payton back. Wrong again.

I'll ignore the second statement because the 24th ranked player as voted by his peers is just mediocre right?

You never ever predicted that last one.

Remember this?

"Hey guyz, Drew Brees gonna sign cap friendly deal with Saint next week because he loves New Orleans derp!"

Never predicted?

There is no MLB in a 3-4. Lofton was fine in coverage last year and now has less field to cover. Vilma will probably get beat out by Hawthorne who also played very well. Just a comparison, in coverage last season, Luke Keuchly allowed 54 of 68 catches with a 95 QB rating when throwing his way while Lofton allowed 46 of 66 catches with 101 QB rating, so if you are saying Lofton is bad in coverage, then Luke is also bad as he allowed more catches.

2. So Tez and Gallette playing over 300 snaps, about 1/3 of total snaps and registering the best pass rushing grades on the team by a mile doesn't prove anything? Maybe you're thinking of Undrafted guy Eric Martin that is looking like a beast and will get a lot of snaps tomorrow.

As for OLB, Gallette is on Smith side and I don't see Smith playing anything other than rotating in for pressure plays as the defense will go back to its former pressure type they had success with under Greg Williams. The ability to apply pressure can hide a lot of deficiencies and we now have a solid cover safety in Vacarro.

3. So Bunkleys 5 years in NFL and playing almost half the snaps is no experience, Akiem Hocks playing almost half snaps and being best graded player on defense is no experience?

4. The first drive by Smith still took 14 plays and had two chances at 3rd and long to stop, but there was no blitzing and no large plays given. Also, the guy that are expected to start on edges, Gallette and Wilson were out and 9 of the plays were little dump offs running to those edges. Also they recorded a sack and multiple pressures on that drive and only allowed one more 3rd down conversion the entire rest of game, so not so bad a start.

http://www.carolinah...every-nfl-game/

#44 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

What the hell are you talking about? Carolina is 9-7 against Payton and Brees since 2006, or 7-7 if you want to play the 'Waah Payton was suspended' card. However, Carolina should also be able to play the 'Jimmy Clausen at QB was a Deangelo goal-line fumble and ridiculous cutback run away from beating the Saints' card as well.

http://www.footballd...tml?tm=20&opp=5

Didn't realize the guy I was responding to with the name "FALCONS 1st" was actually a Panthers fan. What the hell was I thinking!? Gee, you're so smart.

#45 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Just a side note, a few posts from that thread I just listed: L O L

Saints at 11-5 is a joke.

Their defense may be even worse than last year.

Switching to a 3-4.....don't have the personnel for a 3-4...already have injuries....and added Ryan as DC (his defenses have never been in the top 20...EVER)

We will be 10-6 or 11-5 and challenge for the NFCS.

Yeah I saw a different special predicting the Saints to be 11 and 5...SMH
They lost their left tackle and they are switching defenses without the personnel. I get their head coach being back. He will help but I don't see them running through the Panthers and Tampa like they wanna suggest. Just not happening.

Well, he has been the DC for some teams with some pretty pathetic offenses.....which makes a top ranked D near impossible.

I mean if you the DC for a team that boasts the 32 ranked O.....you are gonna suck stastically on D most likely. Those Oak and Clev offenses were pathetic

Edited by Big A, 01 July 2014 - 09:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com