• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

It's dark, the guy is wearing dark clothes, and nobody expects someone to leave their car and run on to the track.

Tony shouldn't expect someone to do exactly the same thing he himself has done repeatedly!?

#32 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Stewart should know better with them being on dirt, the tails of these cars sling around pretty easy when you rev the throttle. Then again Ward should have been nowhere near that close to Stewart's car. Growing up in racing I see drivers walk out on the track all the time; I've always seen it as a stupid thing to do and unfortunately this time the worst happened. Very sad situation, prayers out to both families. 

#33 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

I've seen the video about 11 times now, more than I should. Not going to lie that's a bit cryptic. Anyway, the more I see it the more I think that Stewart was trying to be a badass and rev his engine to scare the kid, and well...it resulted in tragedy. 

#34 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

when he throttled the gas he turned the tires to make the car's back end swing away from the dumbass on the track.  I can't figure out how people don't see that.  

Edited by bleys, 10 August 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#35 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Edited by bleys, 10 August 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#36 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

I've seen the video about 11 times now, more than I should. Not going to lie that's a bit cryptic. Anyway, the more I see it the more I think that Stewart was trying to be a badass and rev his engine to scare the kid, and well...it resulted in tragedy. 

I've watched a few times, too. It looks like Ward was trying to get up the track when he got hit.

#37 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

The car before Smoke dodged the young man at the last minute, I am not sure Tony saw him and I am not sure that anyone can prove that he meant to or didn't really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com